PDA

View Full Version : SEF

karenpriest2000
25-07-2009, 12:05 PM
I am newly registered and they sent me a letter out regarding doing my SEF online. As i understand it they will come out for my first inspection in 6 months so do i need to have my SEF finished by then?

zillervalley
25-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi
and welcome to the forum

I didnt hae mine finished in march when I had my inspection, Mrs o was ok with that just asked me a lot of questiones instead

best of luck

ziller

sweets
25-07-2009, 06:13 PM
you don't HAVE to do your sef at all! but a lot of people on here have said that it helped in their inspection. Its up to you, i had done about half of the sef before mine but the inspector wasn't at all bothered by it, she asked lots of questions and stayed for about 2 hr 30 mins. i suppose if you want a shorter inspection then fill it in, it may help! the questions she asked me where easy, just common sense really.
i will prob complete my sef at some point but not until next insp is due! lol.

Ruth Saxelbye
27-07-2009, 08:23 PM
I think that filling in your SEF can get you a better grade, as you can really sell yourself. It is a bit scary and time consuming but if you buy Sarahs e-book to help you it makes it alot easier, and worth the effort.
You need to have submitted it before OFSTED ring to say they are coming and you are supposed to update it at least annually.
I was recently graded outstanding and my best friend who I work very closely with and has all the same paper work as me, but didnt do her SEF, was graded good. She was a bit upset to say the least.

jibberjitz
31-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I've been thinking about doing mine but not got round to it yet. Hopefully I'll get a chance before the big 'O' call :panic: Not going to worry though if its not done :D

deeb66
31-07-2009, 08:39 PM
It is not compulsory to complete the SEF but Ofsted do expect to see some sort of self reflective practice to show that you are continually adjusting and striving to improve your service.

I know some minders who have not completed Ofsted's SEF but have made and used their own and they were more than happy with that as they were showing that they were self reflective.

As with most things I think that as Ofsted have given you guidelines of what they would like to see then you might as well use it but of course it is entirely up to you.

Dee
xx