PDA

View Full Version : Payment excuses....

Louise_Oaktree
23-07-2009, 03:03 PM
I looked after mindee after school 5 days per week. Parent got made redundant and before notice period was up she found another job but it is shifts. As I was desperate for the work but happy not to do 5 days we have had a flexible arrangement. She texts when she needs me and that is that, pays me at the end of the week. So far not really any problems.

Until now - I don't have her now until September and Mum lost her bank card, didn't have time to go to bank so would pay me last Friday when boyfriend came home from army :rolleyes: I said fine - as long as I get it by Friday....no money. She text me and said boyfriend had swine flu and didn't come home so no cash....text her today to ask her to bring it by tomorrow (now 2 weeks late) and she said she's now in bed with swine flu :rolleyes:

It's only £80 but I lost 1 full time mindee this week as he's moving to London so really could do with cash for next Month as new mindee doesn't start until September.

Have asked if she can post a cheque or do bank transfer but I'm not hopeful :angry:

Fair enough she might be really ill...am I really wrong to assume it's another excuse? She's going to Greece on hols next week :eek:

Pipsqueak
23-07-2009, 03:16 PM
If she is poorly then ask her to get someone else to bring it round. Gently explain that the fees are now two weeks late and you appreciate that she is ill but you need your money or you will have no choice but to add late fees

Ripeberry
23-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah! Crank up the fees, that bank card will soon appear! ;)

sweets
23-07-2009, 04:58 PM
I'd go round to her house and get it!

tilly50
23-07-2009, 05:13 PM
You provided a service, no excuse for her not paying on time as far as I am concerned. Add on daily late payment fee.

I have become hardened to parents and their 'problems' with regard to late payments or no payment, not that I have those problems now though. If parents pay me late then it means my mortgage / Council Tax or whatever may be late and I am just not prepared to pay my bills late so all parents pay me a month in advance by bank transfer.

Gosh I sound like such a hardnosed wotsit, don't I...

sunnysmile
23-07-2009, 05:27 PM
I had one asked tonight did I want paid this week or next???? I told her she pays weekly nothing has ever changed and I expect to be paid weekly.

naomiesian
01-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I have stated in my fees contract that late payment of fees will incur a payment of £5.00 a day... Im pre-reg at the moment but my own cm used to do this but she charged £10.00 for late fees, lol I never paid late and im pretty sure nobody else did either :)