PDA

View Full Version : I have my interview for FD!

Polly2
23-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Its been confirmed - I have my interview for the FD next Wednesday at 5.30pm.

I am already nervous :blush:

The Juggler
23-07-2009, 08:53 AM
don't be you'll be fine. You'll love it! I have just finished. where are you studying?

manjay
23-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Please do not worry Holly, it will be fine. The way I was told to look at it by my network co-ordinator is that we already have all the entry requirements ie; Level 3 qualification, working with children for a couple of years etc so you would have to do something pretty drastic at the interview for you not to get offered a place. The course tutor is lovely and we only spent about 10 minutes doing the interview the rest of the time was showing me the Uni's interactive black board. Not sure how she will show you that over the phone:rolleyes: She will probably want to go over the logistics of you doing it all by distance learning. I think she said there are a few of you doing it this way, even someone as far away as Devon!

You will be great:thumbsup:

Polly2
23-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks both!
Juggler - I am doing it via e learning from a college in North Wales. How did you find the course?? Tell me the hard parts? ha!

Thanks Manjay - I think its the e learning part of it I am worried about. I don't want to fall behind because of not being able to access the info you guys might have. Probably me just worrying needlessly - there must be good access or they would not offer the course in this way!

One thing I am bothered about is Rachel said she had e mailed me twice and I haven't recieved them. I mentioned it to her and she said she would check but still nothing. I think I will mention it on my interview. Luckily they have sent all the info via post so I don't think I have missed anything so far.

manjay
23-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I understand what you mean about not wanting to get behind but it seems to be really well thought out to me. I will be doing half of the modules by e learning as these lessons will be held in the afternoon when I am working but I suppose as the University is only 10 minutes from me (and right next to my local Sainsburys!) I will be able to pop in if I get stuck.

Once the course starts all the work is posted on the blackboard so you won't be reliant on email anymore.

I am really excited and it will be lovely to have someone i know (albeit virtually) doing it at the same time:thumbsup:

Polly2
23-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Yes I am looking forward to it too!

It will be good to have a mate to chat to! :)

The Juggler
23-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi, hardest bit is time management! I included a day from 0900-2.30 child free and have supportive husband to take the kids away or out at weekends. I put in around 5-10 hours per week depending on deadlines and that includes work based obs(which you do anyway) and reading and writing up.

My biggest advice, start reading and writing all assignments early, look at learning outcomes and just read around theory which helps you meet them.

Good luck. PM me if you need any moral support once you're studying. I'm still studying off to uni for 2 terms (1 day week) to get my degree!

sarah707
23-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Just wanted to say you'll be great and good luck! :D

Polly2
24-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks Sarah!
Good advice Juggler - I think I will start doing some reading now then!! I will definately be calling on you for advice...thanks for that :thumbsup:

manjay
29-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Good luck http://bestsmileys.com/school/7.gif

Polly2
29-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Thank you :) I'll give you an update later