PDA

View Full Version : Should I charge weekly or monthly ?

Mel09
21-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi All,

I have a little girl starting with me in September. I am doing the contracts this week and was thinking of charging per week and will ask for a week in advance. Her mum is a teacher so I am charging 1/2 fees in the hols. She may be able to do the vouchers but won't find out until Sep. If she does the vouchers do they get paid weekly or monthly as that might effect the way I charge. Also if I charge monthly how do I work it out, just times by 52 and divide by 12 and then do the same for half fees ?

Sorry if I sound silly !

I am thinking of doing these charges, do they sound ok ?

Normal rate - £4 an hour
Before or after school - £5 an hour
Min 4 hours unless it is before and after school
Minimum payment of an hour (ie if I have for 20 mins I'll charge an hour)

Thanks ! :)

sweets
21-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Each month i different depending how many full weeks there are in it. What i do is on about the 20th of the month i send parents a bill for the following month after working out how many paying days there are. they then give me a cheque a couple of days later. It works well for us especcially teachers as i break it down to how many full days they are paying for and half days.

Chatterbox Childcare
22-07-2009, 07:28 AM
I do my fees based on a year and divide it by 12. This gives both parties a budgeted amount each month and if it is less than the voucher for the holidays will equal itself out and you would be in advance when it came to August.