PDA

View Full Version : Busy bee vouchers???????

little miss sunshine
21-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi there I am wondering if I can accept busy bee vouchers even though I am not accredited? Also how do the vouchers work and what do I do??
Hope all the childminders out there are well and not going mad yet with the holidays:clapping:
Janet x

sarah707
21-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Vouchers have nothing to do with accreditation don't worry!

They are just a way of parents paying you while avoiding paying some tax... all perfectly legal.

Parents should give you some forms so you can register with the company then it all happens.

While it's getting set up, parents are still responsible for paying you.

You might want to change your fees policy to state what you expect to happen if Busy Bees payment is late... who pays your bank late fees? At what point do you want payment from parents ...? What if Busy Bees payment doesn't cover hours for some reason eg working overtime, late fees added - when should parents pay the extra and how? Similarly if Busy Bees payment is for more than you have worked, how would you refund and when?

Hth :D

little miss sunshine
21-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Can the vouchers cause late payment then? Have you got a policy on this?

Minstrel
21-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Can the vouchers cause late payment then? Have you got a policy on this?

I know there have been a few problems with delayed payments due to systems errors at Busybees.

A short policy to say what fees you would impose, what you want parents to do about it etc would be advisable.

Deb
21-07-2009, 08:39 PM
I dont worry about the odd late payment from busy bees. My parent gets a different amount each month, exactly what I bill her for. You can order the same amount each month and then the parent can just transfer what is needed for that month.

Nicki L
23-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi

I have been accepting busy bee vouchers for bout 2 years, they have only been late once. They are a good way of being paid, my contract is worked out so that the parents pay the same each month. The parent has set it up with busy bees so that the money is automatically transferred to my account on the 1st of each month, i usually get the money about 4th.

Chatterbox Childcare
23-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Busy Bees had a new computer system but that problem was sorted and only 1 month of late payment

They were then brought out by another company and late payment again

However, I have been assured that it is all sorted and that no more late payments will occur

This way the money is as good as cash, into your bank account and in advance.

Only downside is that they are a private company and are not responsible to any financial institution (so they tell me) but I wouldn't not do it because of that