PDA

View Full Version : daily & yearly risks assessement

v 1461
21-07-2009, 05:52 PM
hello,

I have a yearly risk assessement : I sign it and write any actions to take ( once a year) : about the all house and outside.

I have some other one with general daily check ( clean work top, close stair gate...) or what to do when I go for outing. ( take my phone, first aid box....).. should I also sign and date them every day or is it fine if I just say on the form it will be check daily??
hope that makes sense
so much paper work !!

something else to do with EYFS : is an assessement the same as an observation/planning/link ??
thank you very much for your help

sarah707
21-07-2009, 05:59 PM
With risk assessments, it is best to show that you are doing them every day. How will Ofsted know that unless you have something dated?? Do you see what I mean?

I don't sign and date my outings ones every day but I do add things to them if for example there are road works on a familiar route or they're digging up the pavement. It shows I am continuously assessing risks.

Assessment comes in between obs and planning. You observe, then reflect on what the child is doing, why, how, what he's learning, how you can support him to move on etc. You use the Eyfs ages and stages information to do all that.

Then you write your planning...

Hope that helps :D

v 1461
21-07-2009, 06:22 PM
thank you very much.
Does that means that your risk assessements forms have got 365 signatures/year ???

sarah707
21-07-2009, 06:29 PM
thank you very much.
Does that means that your risk assessements forms have got 365 signatures/year ???

No I print one A4 sheet per month with my daily risk assessments down one side and tick boxes for 5 weeks (25 little boxes) next to each.

Then every day I check my house and garden and tick it off.

At the end of the month it is filed away and I start a new one :D

clairey
30-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Hi has anyone got a daily tick risk assessement a4 that i could copy please