PDA

View Full Version : Gloves...

LaylaB
21-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Hello,

This'll sound a bit ridiculous, but obviously there is the whole thing about wearing gloves for nappy changing which although i found a bit strange at first im willing to accept...however...are they supposed to be vinyl or latex gloves? im thinking people can be allergic to latex?...or maybe i imagined that one :)

Daddy Day Care
21-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Poeple are alerigc to latex your right, I worked in a hospital before quitting to childmind for 10 years and to start of with we never had any patients that had latex alergy, but towards the end of my 10 years there seemed to be loads of patients with the allergy, so the hospital changed nearly all its gloves to latex free.

I personally wont be wearing glvoes when changing nappies, they just get in the way for me and i struggle to do it.

Gareth
xx

ZoeAlli
21-07-2009, 03:35 PM
You could always ask the parents if their child is allergic to latex, or add the question to your additional information for parents to fill in when they start with you. If the parents don't know the answer, you could ask if they are ok with you using latex.
I have used latex ones, but still find it strange so prefer to do it using the thorough handwash, followed by antibac gel! Will use gloves if I feel I need to.

MelBeck
21-07-2009, 03:40 PM
I use gloves with bad nappies but wet one I use proper washing and I have a anti bac foam that is made by dettol which is really good.

Tatjana
21-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm not using gloves, I think it's a huge waste.

xx

grindal
21-07-2009, 03:58 PM
I do not use gloves, and did not use them when my inspector was here on Friday and watched me change a nappy. I did use anti bac gel before changing, after changing and anti bac sprayed the mat after. She did not question my not using gloves.

Mouse
21-07-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't use gloves, unless it is a really dirty nappy, and even then not always. It's never been a problem.