PDA

View Full Version : Holidays theme

Roseolivia
20-07-2009, 07:17 PM
When my mindees come back we're going to do a mini theme on holidays/days out. I've asked all parents to collect things e.g photos, postcards, tickets etc from places they've visited over the summer and we're going to do a display on this. I'm also going to collect things.

Allie
20-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Great idea

Allie

Daddy Day Care
20-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Like the idea just hope the parents do this for you

Gareth
xx

Roseolivia
20-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Like the idea just hope the parents do this for you

Gareth
xx

Yeah i hope so too, if not it's going to be all about my hols.

cabby
20-07-2009, 07:38 PM
good idea:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

singlewiththree
20-07-2009, 07:45 PM
We are doing something similar. Its the first holidays with mindees so they are having a scrapbook each and are going to do a front cover and intro page and stick in tickets etc and I'm going to print out pics for them. All my hol mindees are out of EYFS.

zillervalley
14-08-2009, 11:47 PM
great way to end the summer off and mindees get to know about other places

ziller

Carol
15-08-2009, 11:29 AM
This section is brill. I am doing same sort of theme this month. Got mindees again sending me postcards and have shells from different locations. Have got holiday brochures too showing different places and ways to go and holiday. Going to make a tent and let children pack a suitcase. Talking about importance of suncream etc.

Carol xx

karenandsmile
13-10-2009, 12:56 PM
another good thing we have done is a holiday bear where the children take the bear on holidays with them and take photos of where they have been i have then collated the photos and made a power point presentation which then can be turned into our own home made book the kids love it you can always start off with weekend at their own home with the bear and then they ask me to take him on holiday so we have two books now one visit to egypt and one to tunisa where ill he be next

Cazz
13-10-2009, 01:02 PM
another good thing we have done is a holiday bear where the children take the bear on holidays with them and take photos of where they have been i have then collated the photos and made a power point presentation which then can be turned into our own home made book the kids love it you can always start off with weekend at their own home with the bear and then they ask me to take him on holiday so we have two books now one visit to egypt and one to tunisa where ill he be next

That's a brilliant idea! :thumbsup:

When my oldest children were in infant school they had a teddy which they could borrow and take him on holiday. They haven't forgot about taking teddy to visit granny in Wales and all the places we took him too!

I think I may steal your idea (if you don't mind!) and get a special teddy to take on outings and holidays (mine and mindees) so that I can make a book of memories.

karenandsmile
14-10-2009, 10:05 AM
i dont mind a tall i would put it on here so you could see it but the files to big maybe i can send it by email if anyone wants to see it

karenandsmile
14-10-2009, 10:21 AM
think ive done omg my computer skills

this one is me and my family so no problem with sharing this one as it mine

<attachments removed as they were extremely large, perhaps they could be emailed>

cherry
14-10-2009, 12:15 PM
My mindees love taking our teddy on holiday with them. I've also cut out and laminated pictures of different type of clothes and toothpaste, towels etc so the chldren can pack a little bag with all the things teddy will need to take with him.

We discuss if it's going to be a hot or cold holiday, will he need to take
weillies or suntan lotion, the children love it. :)

miffy
14-10-2009, 12:49 PM
I look after some children who are term-time only so didn't see them at all during the summer holidays - I gave them each a scrapbook and they put in it what they did over the holidays

I was lucky parents took a lot of care and the books are lovely and meant I could easily talk to the children about what they had done in the holidays

Miffy xx