PDA

View Full Version : What should i do?!?!?!

brit_chick
19-02-2008, 09:03 PM
I have got this single perant that is very very bad at paying me on time! :( Befor christmas i tould her that i carnt aford her to do this to me! So she promised to give me £100 a week to pay the det off. She hasnt been paying me £100 a week its been £20 hear & £40 there! :angry: I have still been having her son (well i did until last week) so the det has been getting more & more! I only had her son for monday last week & she promised to bring me £50 on wensday & she never turned up! So i rang her but got no answer so i texted her saying that i carnt look after her son until she has payed me everything she owes me. I havent heard anything from her & i just want any advise on what to do next?? Should i still charge her for this week even tho i havent had her son but i am still open?? :crying:

Lou
19-02-2008, 09:07 PM
yes you still charge her this week.

Are you with NCMA?

If so prob best to ring them first thing for more advice as it sounds like she might just not turn up again?

brit_chick
19-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Yeah thats what i thought about charging her for this week. No i am not with NCMA. Will they still bable to help me?

Pipsqueak
19-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Take a look at Cheekys thread (soooo mad).

What does your contract state about late/missed payments etc

I would a) not communicate further by text. Ring her and leave a message if you have to saying that you cannot continue like this and that you need to have payment and outstanding monies bought up to date by xxxx date.
b) I would back this up with a letter saying that you will have to add late fees (if your contract states this) from xx date. And that you are withdrawing service until payment is made etc. I would also tell her that you are taking legal advice.
Send letter recorded delivery (the one where a signature is obtained opposite end) especially as it appears she is now avoiding you.
In your letter you could offer to accept ie/ £50 per week (you will need to come to some arrangement between you) but get it on down on paper that you have both signed and whereby it states that you will start legal proceedings if she defaults at any time. ( I am happy to help you draft a letter or Cheeky should still have her copy one!!!)

Contact NCMA for legal advice as well first thing tomorrow.

This is your money that you have earned and you have a right to it. She shouldn't be having something if she can't afford to pay for it.

Pipsqueak
19-02-2008, 09:16 PM
I think that they can still advise you Britchick/

Monkey1
19-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Charge her the lot. Write her a letter and tell her you will take her to the small claims court if she doesn't pay by a certain date. I'm sure she will be claiming tax credits. Thats all the ncma will say anyway. Good luck

miffy
19-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Vik's given you some good advice

Do you have a written contract? What have you agreed about extra charges if payment is late.
Work out the total amount owed and then decide what repayments you will accept

Who are you insured with? If you are not with NCMA then I don't think they will help you but your insurers might

Good luck

Miffy xx

brit_chick
19-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Thank you.Yeah monkey she gats help for his child care so i dont see why she carnt pay me! It makes me so mad! I childmind for her friend aswell & i know that they go out every weekend clubbing so i dont see why she carnt pay me! :angry: How would she like it if her boss said 'oh i carnt pay you this week' ? :mad:

brit_chick
19-02-2008, 09:34 PM
oh yeah i forgot to say i am insured with morton michel

brit_chick
19-02-2008, 09:40 PM
That would be great Vik3000 if you could help me draft a letter or if cheeky still has the copy one i can have a look at that. Thanks

peggy
19-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I have got this single perant that is very very bad at paying me on time! :( Befor christmas i tould her that i carnt aford her to do this to me! So she promised to give me £100 a week to pay the det off. She hasnt been paying me £100 a week its been £20 hear & £40 there! :angry: I have still been having her son (well i did until last week) so the det has been getting more & more! I only had her son for monday last week & she promised to bring me £50 on wensday & she never turned up! So i rang her but got no answer so i texted her saying that i carnt look after her son until she has payed me everything she owes me. I havent heard anything from her & i just want any advise on what to do next?? Should i still charge her for this week even tho i havent had her son but i am still open?? :crying:

not sure what to advise to be honest hun, but didnt want to ignore your post - hopefully someone will be able to advise xx hope you get it sorted xxx

brit_chick
19-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Thx peggy i hope i do aswell,i am just soooo mad with her. I wouldnt dream of doing this to someone :mad:

LittleMissSparkles
20-02-2008, 08:47 AM
good luck getting your money dont let her off either thats why she will be ignoring you in the hope you go away ! seek legal advice with MM asap xxx

fionamal
20-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Hope you get your money real soon.

ruby
20-02-2008, 10:44 AM
oh so sorry you are having this trouble
hope you can get it sorted out soon

miss muffit
20-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi I would send her a letter asking for your owed money giving her a date to pay by. explain that you will be seeking advice from the small claims court...If you dont want the child back... Go onto the small claimes web site and copy a claims form to put in with your letter taking copies for yourself and telling her this is what you intend to do if she doesnt pay by... give her a date to pay by, explain that she will have to pay the court fees if you do proceed. i would also give her notice for weeks on your contract.
I have done this to one of my mothers for leaving me very abruptly when I had to have time off to visit my dying father ( mother reported me to ofsted for leaving her in the lurch!) she wrote asking if she could pay so much.. i'm affraid under the circumstances i stuck out for the whole amount :angry: ... yes even my 4 weeks notice money and yes i got it 3 days before going to court. sorry now i have got that off my chest ...good luck let me know how you get on please K:) :) :)

brit_chick
20-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Thank you miss muffit. Vik3000 has sent me a daft letter & i am going to do it after work then send it frist thing in the morning. I will let you all know what happens.Thanks again everyonexx

manjay
20-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Thank you miss muffit. Vik3000 has sent me a daft letter & i am going to do it after work then send it frist thing in the morning. I will let you all know what happens.Thanks again everyonexx

Has Vik really sent you a daft letter? :laughing:

amanda xx

brit_chick
20-02-2008, 02:28 PM
i have noticed on hear that alot of childminders have got money problems with parents & it makes me think 'Are we in the worng job?' Why do people treat us like this? :angry: :mad:

Twinkles
20-02-2008, 03:30 PM

amanda xx

That made me chuckle too...wouldn't be surprised if it were true though :D

ajs
20-02-2008, 04:58 PM
i hope that you get all of your money though brit chick

xmas 2006 i was owed £600 by one parent and i had to make the decision whether to end the contract and never see any money or continue and maybe get some money back
anyway i wrote to mum and told her that we needed to get it sorted and to make time to talk to me, she did and she promised that from jan 2007 she would pay me £100 a week until the debt and all my pay was paid off (my fee was £84 a week so effectivly she was only paying off £16 of the debt a week) but by april 2007 she was completely paid off, she had got herself into trouble financially and all the money she got from family tax credit was eaten up by her other debts anyway my point is if you can come to some arrangement and want to keep the child then do so otherwise give her notice and get your money through small claims

miffy
20-02-2008, 05:03 PM
I think you were lucky mandy that this parent was willing to work with you and wanted to pay off the debt

You were also very patient to let her pay it back over such a long period and it was obviously worth it cos it meant you kept the income from the child

It just seems some of the parents who owe money to childminders on the forum couldn't care less whether they pay off the debt or not

Miffy xx

Hopscotch
20-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Ha hah that made me laugh it took me 3 attempts to read it though lol
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Bev X
get tough on the parents and make sure you get the money they owe you, the money that you deserve for all your hard work why do they think they can do this to us do they think we do not have bills to pay too, i'm sure some of them think we childmind as a hobby.

brit_chick
20-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I have just done my letter & i am going to post it tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Yeah vik3000 did send me a daft letter. Why is it funny?
:confused:

Twinkles
20-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I have just done my letter & i am going to post it tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Yeah vik3000 did send me a daft letter. Why is it funny?
:confused:

Sorry hun, I think you meant draft , not daft.
Just me and Amanda being silly.:o

brit_chick
20-02-2008, 07:40 PM
yeah thats what i ment sorry LOL :laughing: well i have done one now anyway

brit_chick
27-02-2008, 02:53 PM
:update:

Hi everyone.Just to let you all know that the parent that owes me for childcare came to see me this morning & she brought me £30.We have agreed for her to pay me £50 a week back starting next week.I am going to do a written agreement & we will both sign it. She was off with me this morning when i seen her.She didnt even say sorry! Lets see if she keeps these payments up! :eek:

angeldelight
27-02-2008, 04:54 PM
At least that is a start

Who cares if she is off its her problem

Glad she paid you a little and hope she sticks to her side of the bargain now

Angel xx

wendywu
27-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I think the worse thing is the fact she shows no remorse and is off with you. She is a ignoramus, upset thinking of all the four packs of stella and 20 fags she could have bought.:angry:

brit_chick
27-02-2008, 08:36 PM
yeah wendywu i know what you meen.i have heard she is going to ayia napa with her boyfriend! :mad: i was going to say something about it today but i bit my tongue! it makes me sooooo mad that she has got money for a holiday but no money to pay me :angry:

Tily Bud
27-02-2008, 09:01 PM
oooh people like that make me sooo :angry: :angry:

Pipsqueak
27-02-2008, 09:08 PM

amanda xx

hey I wouldn't put it past me:laughing:

Pipsqueak
27-02-2008, 09:09 PM
That made me chuckle too...wouldn't be surprised if it were true though :D

Cheeky Monkey:laughing:

Pipsqueak
27-02-2008, 09:11 PM
:update:

Hi everyone.Just to let you all know that the parent that owes me for childcare came to see me this morning & she brought me £30.We have agreed for her to pay me £50 a week back starting next week.I am going to do a written agreement & we will both sign it. She was off with me this morning when i seen her.She didnt even say sorry! Lets see if she keeps these payments up! :eek:

Really glad you have made progress Brit:thumbsup:

miffy
27-02-2008, 09:39 PM
I hope she does pay you back as she's agreed

Miffy xx

brit_chick
27-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Thx vik3000 :) . I hope she does aswell miffy xx