PDA

View Full Version : change fee charges and contract

jus
19-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi All,

One of the mindees contracts is up for review in sept and was just wondering how to inform parents about increase in fee chargers. Should I send them newsletter or do it face to face:blush: . I have checked other childminding fees around this area and they charge the £3 per hour which I charge or £3.25 per hour.

The mindee is on holiday know as the parents are teachers and mindee will be back with me 31st Aug if parents have to go into school before term starts, they don't have term time contract but would I be better changing to term time contract at the moment I only charge the for the hours I have mindee before and after school.:idea:

Charged them 2wks half payment for first 2wks of hols as I have another mindee I will be looking after for them wks.

How would I work out Term Time contract there weekly contracted hours works out at £55.50 per wk.

Plz Help
JUS:D

Daftbat
19-07-2009, 04:05 PM
I would write to them about fee changes as you won't see them really before september - i would also put in a contract ammendment form for them to make any requests to changes to contract.

If they are happy to carry on as before then i would just carry on charging for the hours required and stipulate on the ammendment sheet that hours offered are term time only and additional hours will be subject to availability.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I would phone and ask to meet them for the review. I would then give them the new rates and do a new contract if they are happy.

I work out my fees at £55.50x 39 weeks divided by 12 = £180.38 per month for 12 months