PDA

View Full Version : story sack help

It's a small world
19-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi

Bit of advice needed please. I bought a story sack from ebay a few months ago and made a couple. Been sent an email from the lady saying I bought it from saying if I but another one I will get one complimentary resource of my choice free and then an extra one of her choice (she won't send me anything I already have) Anyway bit stuck on what to get. I'm going to purchase Elmer as think its a great book but not sure what to get free.

Already have :
The hungry caterpillar/ the gruffalo / three little pigs - getting Elmer.

Free choice can't decide between:
gingerbread man
goldilocks
jack and the beanstalk
rainbow fish

which do you think would be best and be good for EYFS???????

Advice much appreciated. :thumbsup:

RainbowMum
19-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I think I'd get rainbow fish! I wondered if you could pm me the sellers number? I love story sacks!:clapping:

Hebs
19-07-2009, 02:34 PM
I think I'd get rainbow fish! I wondered if you could pm me the sellers number? I love story sacks!:clapping:

i agree

rainbow fish :thumbsup:

sarah707
19-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I love Rainbow Fish and there are lots of activities online you could add to the sack...

The gingerbread man is a nice story as well :D

It's a small world
19-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Gone for Rainbow Fish. Think its been recommended before but just wanted advice. Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
19-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Any would be - I would get the Gingerbread Man for the younger ones as the animal would be great to work with and for the older ones Goldilocks as they would interact with the characters

Ripeberry
19-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Funny enough, we've got the Rainbow Fish on loan from the school at the moment. The Headmistress said it could be done in French as well.
The primary school has 30 story sacks and bits do go missing all the time.
Like a fool i suggested that i could catalogue all the items for them (take a photo of contents and attach firmly to bag), that way if any bits go missing they have a visual clue (for the children) to find the item, or otherwise we can just get something similar from a charity shop to replace the missing item.
Guess what i'm going to be doing over the holidays? My girls have strict instructions NOT to play with the sacks until i've catalogued them! :eek:

It's a small world
19-07-2009, 03:55 PM
sorry another question ....

would you go for the hardcover of rainbow fish or paper ??????