PDA

View Full Version : Grades

mary poppins
19-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know what is the lowest grade you can receive from ofstead and still be allowed to work? my mums don't care what ofstead say they are desperately worried as i am about all the stuff i have to learn to do in only 6wks before my inspection and say even if i am downgraded they will still use me, but if i am graded poor or something will i be able to mind for them? I have always had a good grade before all this. Really worried about this as you can tell as we rely on my wages to pay our mortgage so hubby is beside himself too.:mad:

ORKSIE
19-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Inadequate us the lowest grade you can achieve, and yes you will still be able to mind. OFSTED will not stop you minding unless there is something very seriously wrong with your prasctice, and i'm sure there's not, so dont worry. Look around this site for help, ask questions, there is an abundance of knowlege here. Hope this helps:)

Pipsqueak
19-07-2009, 10:37 AM
To answer your question, there is :
inadequate 1 - there are concerns and you have actions - they will set a date for you to complete these actions by and revisit you
inadequate 2 - serious concerns and actions and you have to complete the actions in a time limit and will revisit you - normally quicker than inadquate 1.

They can close you down immediately though if they feel its necessary.

BUT

I bet you are doing it all right anyway - you just haven't got stuff on paper to reflect this?
I bet you know your stuff?

6 weeks is plenty of time to start getting things into place and also show that you are aware and changing things. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Can I recommend Sarah707's e-books. All of them guide you through -step by step to different bits of the EYFS.

Is there anything specific you want to ask or need help with

margimum
19-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Mary, get a grip of yourself!! Over 25 years of experience of all kinds of children hasn't put you off childminding so don't let Ofsted scare you!!!
I am positive you do a great job but you now need some bits of paper to show Ofsted. Use this site to get what basics you need and don't go overboard with paperwork.
My parents all know i'm an outstanding childminder with rubbish paperwork!
Ofsted don't pay our wages... parents do!!
you sound to have great parents who will support you (Get them printing your policies for you!!)
Bet we are still doing our job when ofsted moves on!:D

The Juggler
20-07-2009, 01:33 PM
anyone who cares enough to ask that question is not going to get inadequate. If you've got very insufficient paperwork you might get the odd satisfactory but can't believe anyone on this forum would get less than that!

You obviously care so please just say what you need help with before your inspection.

LOL