PDA

View Full Version : Fees for cabin crew

Minstrel
19-07-2009, 09:09 AM
A lady has asked me for care for her 3 yr old. She needs 6.30am till 8am or 6pm till 8pm, 6 days a week.

What do you think I should charge? My OH says £8 an hour is fair, I wonder if thats a little high. My usual rate is £4 an hour so I've thought about a blanket charge of £80 a week.

She's cabin crew so I'm aware that she doesn't earn a massive amount even though its shift work.

Help please, what would you charge?

Hebs
19-07-2009, 09:17 AM
i charge £4 per hour between 8am and 6pm, and £6ph for earlier/lates weekdays
and £6 per hour for any time on weekends

HTH
xx

margimum
19-07-2009, 10:09 AM
What awful hours! TBH I wouldn'tmind the early starts, but 8pm on Saturday would badly affect my weekend!!
I think £80 would be a fair fee and easier for mum to budget than a different rate each week.
It will make your working day a very long one!:eek: :eek:

Minstrel
19-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Thank you both- very helpful.

My working day is non-exsistant at the mo, i'm still looking for that elusive first mindee. I don't mind doing it and if i get anymore mindees or it becomes a problem then i will re-assess.

Think I will go with £80 and at least I will know i have a regular income and she will know her payments each week.

I also know she's been looking for quite a while so fingers crossed! x

margimum
19-07-2009, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=Minstrel;477122]Thank you both- very helpful.

My working day is non-exsistant at the mo, i'm still looking for that elusive first mindee. I don't mind doing it and if i get anymore mindees or it becomes a problem then i will re-assess

Of course you mean WHEN you get more mindees!!!
Maybe it could be a selling point for your business... "out of hours care"
You could sleep all day!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Minstrel
19-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Of course you mean WHEN you get more mindees!!!
Maybe it could be a selling point for your business... "out of hours care"
You could sleep all day!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Well if only! I have my own 5 and 3 yr old boys! I'm just desperate to start working now- I want to be tired but happy and earning!

(ps remind me i said this in 6 months time!!)

Tatjana
19-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Best of luck on this, keep us updated on how it goes. :thumbsup:

xx