PDA

View Full Version : Advice Regarding Siblings

cornetjo
17-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I have had my first enquiry and they are coming for a visit on Monday morning. Mum is looking for 3 days 7-3.15pm for a 2 year old and 20 month old. Days will vary each week depending on her shifts. I have no idea how to work out fees, ie discount for siblings, higher hourly rate for an early start etc. I have advertised an hourly rate of £4.

There are just so many things to think about and I want it to go well on Monday.

Pipsqueak
17-07-2009, 09:40 PM
First things first

I personally do not offer sib discount although there are minders who do. I do the same amount of work for both children - well thats my theory but its entirely up to you.

Ok, next - there are 3 days wanted but will be different over the week - this will take up effectively your whole week and it will be highly unlikely you will get someone to fill the spaces.
It now depends on what you are happy with - are you happy to potentially loose a space for 2 days each week? If you are then just charge your £4 per hour per child for the 3 days
If you aren't - then you may have to think about upping your rate to cover what you are potentially loosing on the 2 days or charging a retainer fee for those days.

Is it definately going to be 3 days per week - if its a rolling pattern you aren't going to get eg - minding Thursday/Friday - parent works saturday but you aren't needed?

yes charge more for the earlier starts but consider what time you would be happy to start.

Overall it might be worth working out a daily rate for each child - knocking perhaps a £5 or so off (to show that you are trying to give them a good deal;) :cool: ) and presenting it to the parents based on contracted 3 days at teh times stated blah blah - anything outside these requirements will be £4ph extra. Your retainer because you can't take on other children would be half of what the daily rate would be for example.
just some points to consider

rachelle
18-07-2009, 01:25 PM
I would say I'll charge £4 an hour to include the out of hours by way of discount for the sibling.

Tatjana
18-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Good luck for monday! :thumbsup:

xx