PDA

View Full Version : crb check stage 4

Holly86
17-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi everyone

I have just tracked my crb on line, and it is showing as being 'in progress' on stage 4. can anyone give me any advise as to what this means? i'm all new to this and have never had a crb check before. any indication of how long this may take?
how long does the certificate usually take after the crb check is cleared?:idea:

thanks
Holly

It's a small world
17-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Hi everyone

I have just tracked my crb on line, and it is showing as being 'in progress' on stage 4. can anyone give me any advise as to what this means? i'm all new to this and have never had a crb check before. any indication of how long this may take?
how long does the certificate usually take after the crb check is cleared?:idea:

thanks
Holly

This stage took about four weeks for me .do you know when it began on stage 4? then about 2-3 weeks later got certificate (had some problems with social services) when checks all done crb disclosure will come in post. when you get these call ofsted to check if they have recieved theirs they should tell you if certificate on way. if you have any delays ie social services keep calling ofsted to chase this will help process. hope this helps ???

Daddy Day Care
17-07-2009, 10:42 AM
I was on stage 4 for around 6 weeks I think, then once it went to stage 5 I got the certificate in a matter of days.

Gareth
xx

Tam's Tribe
17-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi

It all depends on where you live and now many applications there are. Stage 4 hold ups are with with the individual police forces . . . my CRBs took 8 days for the whole process (Stage 1 to Stage 5) but my friend applied about 3 months before and it took hers 2 weeks.

Good Luck and hang in there!

p.s. NCMA Toolkit arrived this morning, public liability insurance is in place, just need Ofsted Certificate. Have been advised I should get it early next week. Suddenly it is all becoming real and now excited and NERVOUS!!!!!

sarah707
17-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Hope it hurries up for you! :D

chewy sweets
17-07-2009, 11:43 AM
stage 4 is where it tends to get stuck for a few weeks. Hopefully won't be too long for you to wait. As soon as it goes to stage 5 you should have it throught the post within a few days!:thumbsup:

geordiebunny
20-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Welcome to stage 4 thats where I'm stuck

Tink
21-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi, my CRB check took 2 weeks, however my husbands took 15 weeks to come back.
We both phoned them to track it every week and then it got to the stage where we phoned everyday. I think they got fed up with us.
It's so annoying but hang in there, I hope it comes soon for you xx

plum1512
26-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi all, I had my Pre-reg visit on thursday and was just wondering how do u check your CRB online? Can anyone help as I would be very greatful:)

chewy sweets
26-07-2009, 05:23 PM
You have a refrence number which you can search to see what stage it's at.
If you don't know your ref number phone crb direct and give them your date of birth and they'll be able to give it to you.:thumbsup:

charliegee
26-07-2009, 08:32 PM
This stage took about four weeks for me .do you know when it began on stage 4? then about 2-3 weeks later got certificate (had some problems with social services) when checks all done crb disclosure will come in post. when you get these call ofsted to check if they have recieved theirs they should tell you if certificate on way. if you have any delays ie social services keep calling ofsted to chase this will help process. hope this helps ???

Hiya, my situation was similar to Kerrie Louise! I think all in all was less than a month from stage 4 to receiving my certificate? certainly not too long

fingers crossed all happens really quick for you from now onwards! :clapping:

geordiebunny
27-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Well my CRB and SS all done but when rang ofsted still awaiting SS on hubby, a stepson and hubby's crb on stage 4 still and some more info they wanted from my Dr still not received but Dr said sent it straight back? not sure what to do should I ask Dr to send it again?

Carrie-Anne
28-07-2009, 10:34 AM
My check is still stuck on stage 4 too!!!!! it has been there for 2 weeks!!!

Cant wait to get started now!

balijay
28-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Gosh, there are a few of us stuck on stage 4! I've been here since 15th June and its so frustrating - especially when my partners came back on 1st July. Any one else know there reference number for the CRB tracker off by heart? Or is that just me!! :laughing:

Lou x

geordiebunny
29-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Gosh, there are a few of us stuck on stage 4! I've been here since 15th June and its so frustrating - especially when my partners came back on 1st July. Any one else know there reference number for the CRB tracker off by heart? Or is that just me!! :laughing:

Lou x

Nope me too all 3 of ours it's annoying but at least mine came in post this morning just waiting on hubby and step son now