PDA

View Full Version : We LOVE TRACTORS!!!!!!!!!!!

Stanfield
15-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi,

My son LOVES tractors, we watch them in the fields for hours whilst sitting in the car and feeding my newborn, play with them, watch tractor ted, have a massive rideon, make collages (even one with just circles because they look like tractor wheels!) we have tractor dinner mats, sing madeup tractor songs ( anyone know of a good tractor singing cd?) but I am running out of new (EXCITING / Interesting for me!:laughing: ) ideas to do, make or see to do with them.

Any ideas ... he is 2.

Thanks.

Curly Quavers
15-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Do you have country shows where you are? I know the agriculture companies are up here use the country shows to showcase the newest model and the tractors are usually unlocked so that people can get inside and sit on the seats. I think he would LOVE that my girls do.

Also go on to ebay you can buy DVD's just with tractors working doing different jobs. I got my dad a few of these for Christmas last year (he is a farmer but will still sit and watch dvd's like this in his free time)

Do you already have a sand pit,????? If not or even if you do already this is a GREAT idea I would do it if I had a little boy. Go to your local tyre place who deal with farmers and ask if you can buy an old tractor tyre. You should be able to get one cheep because all they do is send them away to be melted down. You could then line the bottom with pond liner (or something like that) and fill as a sand pit. I had one of these and it was painted pink and I LOVED it when I was growing up on the farm. you could either leave it black or paint it blue or in his favorite tractor colours.

Just reading back think I may have went a little over the top with my reply oh well :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Stanfield
16-07-2009, 07:44 PM
This is great stuff ... just what I need ... only we have done these too!

My sons godfather is a farmer so he goes there to sit in tractors ... he even helps to wash them!

Also got some tractor tyres off him, we have planted flowers , fruit and veg in ours but the sandpit idea sounds great too!

We go to all the local shows but the bigger ones are just a bit far as he hates going in the carseat.

We also watch the country channel on sky which has sad old men standing there talking about their treasured old tractors - he loves it!!!!!!!!!!:panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
16-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Have you been to Borders and brought the latest magazines on tractors like Tractors monthly. I have a mindee who reads it on the potty!