PDA

View Full Version : Oftsed coming next week . . .

Rosiemay
14-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Hello - this is my first message here though I have been browsing a bit recently! I've almost finished my Intro to Homebased Childcare course. Just my exam on Friday to go. :)

Anyway, I just spoke to an inspector from Ofsted and she's coming next Wednesday. So, I've got 1 week to get everything ready. The builders have just finished our kitchen and I feel like my house is still quite chaotic.

Just wondering what do you think is the most important thing for me to get ready for next Wednesday? Do I need to have all my policies and procedures done? Do I need to have child locks etc already in place or is it good enough to say that you know they need to be done and will be before I start minding? How well do I need to know the EYFS?

Any other tips?!

Thanks for you help.
Rosie x

chewy sweets
14-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Firstly, Welcome to the forum!
Yes definatly get all policies and procedures done. Permission forms etc. Don't worry about your house being upside down. I laid a patio day before my inspection. Just need to say that it will be done before you have mindees. As far as the safety measures try and put as much in place as you can but just as long as you can say what needs to be done and that it will be done before you start minding you'll be fine!
Had my pre reg last week and really worried about it! But it was fine! The inspector will tell you if anything needs to be done and will give you a list of actions.
Hope this helps.
Good luck for the exam on friday! You'll be fine!:thumbsup:

Rosiemay
15-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for that. I've been going through the policies on the NCMA website and have made small alterations but they seem pretty thorough. Is it ok not to make many changes or should I be really personalising them? :panic:

rx

angeldelight
15-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Just wanted to say good luck

Hope it goes ok let us know

Angel xx

Leannetrim
16-07-2009, 10:47 PM
good luck hope all goes well