PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please?

pickie1978
13-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Good morning Everyone

I currently mind 2 children every afternoon. This is now the 4th week that mum has not bought the children to me. I charge full fee for child sick and holidays, so have obviously charged her for the last 4 weeks when I have not been minding them. I have advised her to formally end the contract in writing, and until she does, I will keep invoicing her for my contracted hours.

What I want to know is am I doing the right thing, would others do the same??

I advised her last Tuesday to end the contract, and she still hasn't, so she will now be charged for another week, when I don't have the children.

peanuts
13-07-2009, 07:42 AM
she may be waiting for you to end it then turn around and say that because you ended it she will not pay you for last 4 weeks. i would write her a letter with the next invoice or check when contract renewal is up and make that an excuse for the letter. let her know that you have had an enquiry and say you need to know about numbers/ will they be returning, if you do not hear from her you will assume that by a certain date she will be in breach of contract and 4 weeks notice will be added to her invoice as way of her ending the contract

Pipsqueak
13-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Keep charging. But i would write another letter stating that unless she gets in touch with you and discusses situation, you will have no choice but to terminate the contract as you feel its unfair on both parties.
Give it a cut off date and then issue the 4 week cancellation notice. But still keep charging. I presume she is paying.

You could word it all very nicely - there may be circumstances that have affected her quite badly I suppose

sweets
13-07-2009, 08:57 AM
why is she not bringing them to you? also i know you say you have invoiced her but has she actually paid you any of it? seems strange that she doesn't want to terminate if she doesn't need you!

The Juggler
13-07-2009, 12:24 PM
why is she not bringing them to you? also i know you say you have invoiced her but has she actually paid you any of it? seems strange that she doesn't want to terminate if she doesn't need you!

It does and it's the lack of communication that is so strange! I wonder if everything is OK. Have you spoken to her and is she actually paying your invoices.

I would write and say you are offering her notice from today's date (perhaps she doesn't write??? and is to afraid to tell you). Ask her to please call you if she wants to retain the place, then I would start advertising unless she calls.

Deb
13-07-2009, 10:15 PM
is she paying? I would offer to help her tbh and find out what the problem was.

pickie1978
15-07-2009, 08:42 AM
She is paying, but at least a week late....I've recommended that she ends the contract, but she hasn't bothered to. I know there is nothing wrong, she was supposed to be a mate of mine..but no longer!

I'm gonna keep charging her...serves her right.

duran
15-07-2009, 10:23 AM
I would write a letter, keep a copy for yourself and include copy invoices. Give her a cut off date and issue your cancellation notice. One thing I would ask her, why is she not bringing her child to you? For what reason? Then perhaps your could work it out amicabaly....

The Juggler
15-07-2009, 11:40 AM
in that case if it were me I'd give her letter saying you assume she is giving notice from x date unless you hear from her in writing that she wants to keep the place.

pickie1978
15-07-2009, 06:39 PM
If I send her a letter, should she still pay the 4 weeks notice as agreed in the contract?

Tatjana
15-07-2009, 07:19 PM
It all sounds rather odd:eek:

xx

The Juggler
17-07-2009, 01:18 PM
If I send her a letter, should she still pay the 4 weeks notice as agreed in the contract?

yes, unless you can fill the place earlier I would state this. Just be sure to say that you are happy to cancel termination if she wants to keep the place and please can she call to discuss with you. This way you are showing you are doing all you can to keep lines of communication open with her.