PDA

View Full Version : At last my inspection will be soon

Shirlwith3
06-12-2007, 12:15 PM
WEll I eventuley had The phone call from Ofsted this morning the lady is either come next monday or the monday the week afte. She sounded nice on the phone.

So you all know what I am doing now :eek: and what I will be up to at the weekend:eek: :eek:
So tonight I will go through my paper work make sure all is ok.
Any advice would be great

:excited:

sarah707
06-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Oh gosh ... lucky you knowing the day though!

Have a fab weekend checking every single piece of paper you have got is signed properly by the parents... :eek:

LittleMissSparkles
06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
:) Good Luck for Monday Shirl :)

xxx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Good luck not that you will need it.

Don't forget to let us know how it goes.

Lorraine xx

lindylou
06-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Good luck let us know how you get on
Lindaxx

Polly2
06-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Hope it goes well

Don't forget to let us know

hollyx

emler
06-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Good luck Shirl. Hope it all goes well for you

Emler x

manjay
06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Good luck Shirl!! I like the sound of knowing the day!! The last thing my inspector said to me was" See you in about 3 months for an unannounced inspection!!"

Amanda xx

Spangles
06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Good Luck!!

angeldelight
07-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Good luck Shirl

I am sure you do not need any advice you will be fine

Let us know how it goes

Angel xx

NickysNippers
08-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Good luck! My inspection is on Monday so I guess we're doing the same things this weekend!!

charleyfarley
08-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Good luck to both of you for Monday.

At least it's out the way before christmas

Carol xx

deeb66
08-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Good luck for Monday.

Hope all goes well

Dee

Banana
09-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Good luck.....

Im sure you wont need it though!!

xxxxxxx

Mollymop
10-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Did you have your inspection today.. Did it go ok?

Good luck
Sandra XXX

Shirlwith3
10-12-2007, 07:17 PM
No never had my inspection today at least I know it will be next Monday now plus it gives me more time to make sure I am up todate with my paperwork.
Will keep you posted on how it goes.

Rubybubbles
12-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Still catching up!

Good luck for next week

Emma

oakie dokie
12-12-2007, 01:56 PM
i think all will go well on monday,you have nothing to hide, you do your job well as do we all, be yourself and go with the flow, a little planning, and if nothing goes according to plan( nothing ever does with children) follow your intincts as you do every day. what i am trying to say is do not get too worked up, you already do everything you should be doing, ofsted just come to check. i think thats what im trying to say? any how i would like to wish you calm nerves and good luck for monday:thumbsup:

hazelx

Shirlwith3
17-12-2007, 05:49 PM
I had my inspection this morning it went ok got a satifactory in most areas but a overall got given a grade of inadequate for hygiene, saying that my door handles were dirty (odd mark on them) that my carpet needed cleaning (it is 15yrs old & in a army quarter which if you hae seen the news they are not in the greatest conditions) sink was dirty & the floor there was the odd mark which was hard to clean as my back went last night when I was running around cleaning. I have 3 weeks to correct things as she puts it

I was told about this woman from a fellow childminder who had her before. I was talking to my friend afterwars & she was not impressed said that she was nitt picking on little things instead of looking at how well my minde is doing.

I am so embarressed :blush: to get the grade, wish I had something to drown my sollows in.

I should have another inspection in 6-12 months by that time I will have moved house.

angeldelight
17-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Sorry to hear that Shirl

At least like you say you can improve on it and now you know what to expect you will be more wiser

Some of them do nit pick that is the problem

Hope you are feeling ok I am sure you are a super minder

Keep your chin up and enjoy your christmas

Angel xx

Trouble
17-12-2007, 08:56 PM
dear shirl

i am horrified with the woman from ofsted, maybe they couldnt fault anything else so they had to find something, she must of praised you on your good points so focus on those not the stupid comments she made!!!:angry:

ajs
17-12-2007, 09:03 PM
at least it's not your childminding practice that pulled you down, don't worry about it i got pulled down on my inspection as an apple had fallen off my apple tree and it was classified a wasp hazard,

if you know that she is a nit picker then next time you can be prepared for her
as rascal says focus on the positives

Rubybubbles
17-12-2007, 09:33 PM
glad it went well bar the picky stuff

I live in RAF housing and have plaster falling from my kitchen and bathroom which is on their 'to do list' I've been in this house nearly 3 years so know how your feeling about this.

One of the things picked up was my low wall on the side of my house, to which DHE said any change 'you' have to make! But then anythign I do I'll get charged on for damage!! Grrr
Can't belive she was picking up on'marks on the handles ect what has that really got to do with looking after children (I have the old brass/ but no way brass handles on mine that look manky regardless!!)

xxEmmaxx

carolinel
17-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Sorry you had such a jobsworth for an inspector, try to forget about it now and enjoy Christmas, at least next time you will be prepared for her.

Shirlwith3
18-12-2007, 06:58 AM
She was impressed with my terrisom procedure polcy (we have had a incident this year which meant the bomb disposal were called out) as she had not come accross any other childminder with one, my room was well organised, I had a nice child size table chairs and the my minded child & my daughter had wonderfull manners, in everyting else I got staifactory..

Phoned hubby last night to get me some barcadi on the way for me but I was too tired to driink by the time he got home.

Oh well thanks for all your support.

Rubybubbles
18-12-2007, 01:28 PM
She was impressed with my terrisom procedure polcy (we have had a incident this year which meant the bomb disposal were called out) as she had not come accross any other childminder with one, my room was well organised, I had a nice child size table chairs and the my minded child & my daughter had wonderfull manners, in everyting else I got staifactory..

Phoned hubby last night to get me some barcadi on the way for me but I was too tired to driink by the time he got home.

Oh well thanks for all your support.

ahhh forces live eh!!! Don't have one of these though just about 3 back up emergancy plans to go with policies!!

Mollymop
19-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Gosh! The inspector seems a bit over the top - I am sorry that you feel sad and I hope it gets sorted out and when you move you get to have the carpet of your dreams!! I will learn by this and make sure my door handles are gleaming (not something I actually clean, to tell you the truth??)and my carpet is a bit to be desired!
Don't let it spoil your xmas, I bet these silly little problems are nothing compared to how great you are as a childminder.
I hope you feel better today

XXXXXX

Blaze
19-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi,
Just wanted to say that my inspector also liked my procedure in the event of a terrorist attack policy! Focus on the positives ...at least it's really just a temp grade & you'll know what to clean for next time! Chin up!
Tasha:)

nat1664
30-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I cant belive that the inspector was being so picky about door handles...Im going to make sure that mine are clean now.:)

Nat
x

chez1373
01-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Oh my gosh im so panicking now ive read this I have a 2 yr old and a dog they both like to get mud every where (i do clean up after them) but you never know i might miss something,
My carpet is 6 months old and its in a real mess kids spill things and dog with paws i have tried to minimise all these things but its nearly impossible..
Also my kitchen has just been ripped out and put a new one in but i now need to decorate ie, tiles and wallpaper will i be marked down on this?
Also my front lawn has been pulled up for new turf its a complete mess and i cant do it til the weather gets better will this affect me?
Sorry ive gone on and on

deeb66
08-01-2008, 10:03 PM
I was away on holiday when you posted this and am now just catching up

I am sorry to hear about this Shirl. It sounds like she was being really picky and in my opinion unecessary and unfair.

By the sounds of it she was obviously having an 'off' day