PDA

View Full Version : Business names

Tinglesnark
10-07-2009, 09:52 PM
hi, i have come up with a name and tag line for my 'business' but ive already sent in all my registration and CRB papers without this name on ~ does anyone know how you would go about it? would i have to call up Ofsted and request that they add my business name to my documents? is it too late?
thanks
x

chewy sweets
11-07-2009, 07:53 AM
I don't think it's too late because you can have your certificate changed after you've registered aswell. E.g if you get married or decide to trade under a business name. So i'd give them a ring and see what they say.:thumbsup:

jessie1
11-07-2009, 08:03 AM
I thought you register in your own name and business name is just for other purposes. I have a business name and advertise using business name and tagline but insurance and OFSTED is in my name.

Chatterbox Childcare
11-07-2009, 08:18 AM
I think your business name is a trading name only unless you register it so Ofsted and the CRB will be your own name anyway

Gizmo
12-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Dont think its too late , what names have you come up with, no-one round here seems to name their cm business and I would quite like to:)

FizzysFriends
12-07-2009, 07:52 PM
If you use it for ofsted you would need to register the company name and that costs money (and has to be renewed annually). You can use your name for ofsted and business name on paperwork for parents and advertising etc.

Tinglesnark
12-07-2009, 08:03 PM
oh thank you for your replies! yeah makes sense, it was just that i like to personalise things and ive noticed that i am drawn to the advertisments that have quirky business names and that there is a lack of business names in my area...thought it might be a selling point?
x

guest3
12-07-2009, 09:45 PM
What name have you chosen? I too like the idea of a name and was wondering whether to call mine "Wendy House childminding" What do people think??

Wendy x

Tinglesnark
13-07-2009, 01:38 PM
hahah i love it wendy! inspired! haha!

i've chosen
'Doobeez childcare'
with the tagline either 'We are Doobeez, not don't beez' OR 'why be a don't be when you can be a Doobee!'

not sure on tagline yet ahaha any ideas on that one?