PDA

View Full Version : Right...so, what's next!!?!

Alz
10-07-2009, 07:13 PM
OK...sent off my application form to Ofsted today, have got more or less all my policies and procedures ready on my laptop ready to print, the house is kinda organised, more or less filled in my "are you ready for your reg visit" booklet and I have let my co-ordinator know!....so what's next!?!

How long, on average, till I might get my pre-reg inspection!?!...what else should I be getting on with in the meantime?!?!

This forum has been invaluable already!!!!!:thumbsup:

chewy sweets
11-07-2009, 07:50 AM
OK...sent off my application form to Ofsted today, have got more or less all my policies and procedures ready on my laptop ready to print, the house is kinda organised, more or less filled in my "are you ready for your reg visit" booklet and I have let my co-ordinator know!....so what's next!?!

How long, on average, till I might get my pre-reg inspection!?!...what else should I be getting on with in the meantime?!?!

This forum has been invaluable already!!!!!:thumbsup:

Depends how busy they are and how many other applications they're dealing with the same time as yours. While waiting for your inspection you could buy/ organise toys and resources, you could design advertising leaflets/business cards, start thinking of activities to do with children.
hope this helps:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
11-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Have you ordered your EYFS pack and done your risk assessments for house and each outing?

Going through the legal and statutory requirements in the EYFS book and make sure you have every policy required to cover all these elements

Sounds like you are organised.

Have you done your ICP, First Aid, Food Hygiene?

angeldelight
11-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Wahoooo you have got things moving now

Good luck keep us posted

Angel xx

sarah707
11-07-2009, 09:18 AM
There's a start up list around somewhere... hang on...

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2442&highlight=registration+process

Hope this helps! :D

Alz
11-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Yep....got EYFS pack and studied it, although obviously can keep on at that...there is so much to take in!

Yes, need to do a final risk assesment...good plan!...i've done basic ones. but we have done some work on the garden so it will probably need updating now!

Done 1st Aid, got Food Hygiene on the 27th July, got ICP booked for August....

Erm....need to get storage, was hoping set up grant could help me out with that though...!?

Got website nearly finished, but advertising cards etc is a great idea...i'll get onto that!!...oooh and a list of activities, def need to get some ideas flowing!!

Thank you for ALL your help....let's hope my 15 month old daughter can give me an hours peace to get on with it all!!!:laughing: doubtful!!

You are all BRILL!!

Alz x

Alz
18-07-2009, 09:04 AM
OMG......got Inspection on Tuesday!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!
Excited :clapping: and scared :panic: at the same time!
Need to get a wriggle on....got a million policies to print out, re-read EYFS (my mind WILL go blank on the day I know it!) and generally PANIC!!!!:eek:
Thanks for all your messages/support/advice!

Alz x

Chatterbox Childcare
18-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Good luck with it

Risk Assessments have to be done on every place outing that you go on and they will want to see these and not just the house.

Alz
20-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Got inspection tomorrow!:eek:

OK....going to sound really stooopid here, I have risk assessments for house all filled in etc because obv I'm going to talk to inspector about what I have done/will do before starting minding to make everywhere safe...

.....However, I also have risk assessment forms for outings/walk to shops/public transport/in car etc...do I have to fill them in? or is it just to prove I have them and will fill them in as and when we go on an outing etc?!?..told you it was stoopid...I think my brain is getting frazzled!!!!:panic:

Alz x

Alz
21-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Pre-reg visit....absolutely fine!

Daddy Day Care
21-07-2009, 03:38 PM
glad it went well

Gareth
xx

Demonjill
23-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Thats great it went well you certainly sound a lot calmer!!!:D lol