PDA

View Full Version : retainers

aly
10-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Do you charge the same retainer for holidays as a retainer for a new start for future?

I have one contract which is term time only but dont do retainers...I have decided I am changing my fees and retainers so from sept I will charge these. So I need to know if the amount is the same.

thanks

Polly2
10-07-2009, 11:42 AM
I charge a retainer for holidays and a deposit to hold place to new starter. Is that what you mean?

rickysmiths
10-07-2009, 12:05 PM
I always take a 4 weeks fees Deposit from every family when they sign a contract with me, it is held until the end of the contract and used to cover the four weeks notice period.

If the contract is Term Time only they are charged a 1/2 fees retainer during the holidays. If you do this though you have to be prepared to work the hours for which the retainer is paid if the parents want to use the time.

They have to give you reasonable notice to use the space, they can't expect to call you the day before. I expect 4 weeks notice so I can plan for the time they require. I have two and they want to use one day a week in the holidays this year so I have asked for the dates by the end of next week before they break up.

aly
10-07-2009, 03:39 PM
I always take a 4 weeks fees Deposit from every family when they sign a contract with me, it is held until the end of the contract and used to cover the four weeks notice period.

If the contract is Term Time only they are charged a 1/2 fees retainer during the holidays. If you do this though you have to be prepared to work the hours for which the retainer is paid if the parents want to use the time.

They have to give you reasonable notice to use the space, they can't expect to call you the day before. I expect 4 weeks notice so I can plan for the time they require. I have two and they want to use one day a week in the holidays this year so I have asked for the dates by the end of next week before they break up.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
thank you