PDA

View Full Version : Babysitting

Minstrel
09-07-2009, 06:50 PM
I am thinkng of offering my services as a babysitter, but unsure what to charge.

I charge £4 /hour for minding and I'm in Berkshire.

What is the going rate for babysitting in their own home?

Thanks xx

RachelE
09-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I worked as a babysitter through an agency 2 years ago in Cheshire.

I got £7 per hour. Some charged extra after midnight too.

HTH.

Good luck :thumbsup:

singlewiththree
12-07-2009, 02:35 PM
I charge £6 per hour and have just received my first enquiry and I've been advertising since december.

Mummits
13-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Six or seven pounds an hour, eight to ten after midnight is normal around here, usually with a four hour minimum charge.

mrs c
13-07-2009, 12:35 PM
I charge £4 an hour for cmnding and my daughter charges £5 for babysitting which is the going rate here - suppose it depends where you live - I live in the north east.

Minstrel
13-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Oh I'm so glad this was bumped I've been looking for it all morning!

Mum came round and I told her it was £6.50 per hour minimum of 4 hrs.
My OH said i could have got more but I really need the money so would rather charge less and she uses me than quote her and her go elsewhere.

I'm in the South East. :)

Gherkin
13-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Going rate in our area is £5ph babysitting. Personally I do nto feel it is enough but I only do it occassionally and am very selective about who I care for.

Pipsqueak
13-07-2009, 02:45 PM
I'd also charge more after midnight.

I think it so funny that babysitters get more than what a trained, registered childminder does, and people will quite happily pay those prices but most of them would twitter about paying the £3/4 per hour for a childminder!!!

Don;t forget Minstrel if you are NCMA and you use the NCMA Babysitting Checklist you will b covered by your insurance.

Minstrel
13-07-2009, 03:11 PM
I'd also charge more after midnight.

I think it so funny that babysitters get more than what a trained, registered childminder does, and people will quite happily pay those prices but most of them would twitter about paying the £3/4 per hour for a childminder!!!

Don;t forget Minstrel if you are NCMA and you use the NCMA Babysitting Checklist you will b covered by your insurance.

Thanks Pip for reminding me of this. I haven't started my insurance yet as I'm not minding yet and don't want to waste the weeks. Do you think it would be worth getting it started for babysitting?