PDA

View Full Version : fee for hoildays

poppysue
09-07-2009, 01:03 PM
hi,
i have a lo in term time only and mum works for a privite school so has long hoildays. but i have not asked for pay in the hoildays, would you?
i really get on well with them and dont want to push it as she is paying top wac for lo to be with me.
but 9 weeks in hoildays is a long time to go without pay!
any coments plaese!
lisa x

FizzysFriends
09-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I don't charge in the holidays because I have holidays only children.

But if LO is already with you then I think you have to go with whats in your contract until the review.

Polly2
09-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I charge a retainer in the holidays at half fees. 9 wks is an awful long time to go with no money...unless you can advertise a holidays only space??

Daftbat
09-07-2009, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't charge anything for holidays either. She should only pay for what she needs and if she wants any extra time then will have to take pot luck with you. I have always had some children who are either term time or holidays only.

grindal
09-07-2009, 01:31 PM
I used to be a teacher and used a childminder. I paid her half in the holidays and 4 weeks holiday at full pay on top of that!!

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
10-07-2009, 06:50 PM
it is tough when they have so much holidays, Maybe charge half fees to keep her place open

i charge for mindees holidays but not for my own, It seems to be the norm round here for minders to charge full fees for 4 weeks of their OWN holiday per year. I havent got the guts to do this does anyone else?

The Juggler
12-07-2009, 02:34 PM
I have a mum who works for private schools with extended holidays. However, I told her holidays are free ( I prefer not to have lots of children every day in hols) but that I would only base this on a normal school year i.e. 13 weeks free for the year.

Why don't you suggest changing to a monthly payment so that you still get some money in July/August?

FizzysFriends
12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
I have a mum who works for private schools with extended holidays. However, I told her holidays are free ( I prefer not to have lots of children every day in hols) but that I would only base this on a normal school year i.e. 13 weeks free for the year.

Why don't you suggest changing to a monthly payment so that you still get some money in July/August?

On term time only contracts I always put as per leicstershire council term dates. So if they have more holiday they pay for the extra bits, also im on the border with Derbyshire so some have different holidays.

Tippy Toes
14-07-2009, 09:21 PM
hi,
i have a lo in term time only and mum works for a privite school so has long hoildays. but i have not asked for pay in the hoildays, would you?
i really get on well with them and dont want to push it as she is paying top wac for lo to be with me.
but 9 weeks in hoildays is a long time to go without pay!
any coments plaese!
lisa x

I have a term time only baby and dont charge anything for the hols. Although sometimes I wish I had charged something to hold the space as 13 weeks with no pay is a long time. :panic:

kingdom
17-07-2009, 07:19 AM
I charge more than the standard rate for my term time only children and have spread the payments over 12 months, this worked out to be about the same as a normal basic rate and half fees in the hols. My parents were happy to do this and I still get money in the holidays. But now I have also taken on holiday children for a few days a week, so best of both worlds as they too are on the higher rate as i dont charge to hold the place in term time. Am i being jammy or what.:)

Pipsqueak
17-07-2009, 07:22 AM
I charge more than the standard rate for my term time only children and have spread the payments over 12 months, this worked out to be about the same as a normal basic rate and half fees in the hols. My parents were happy to do this and I still get money in the holidays. But now I have also taken on holiday children for a few days a week, so best of both worlds as they too are on the higher rate as i dont charge to hold the place in term time. Am i being jammy or what.:)

Very jammy - well done - sounds like excellent business sense to me!

Chatterbox Childcare
17-07-2009, 07:27 AM

I am the same - it is great having an income with an exact amount each month. I also do the same with my holiday ones and they pay a bit each month.

sweets
17-07-2009, 07:28 AM
i charge half in the hols and my teacher parents are happy to pay iy as they get paid! 9 weeks is also a long time for the little one not to see you. i would charge her half and maybe offer to have LO one day a week to give her a break.