PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

helenlc
08-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I have a 3 yr old mindee full time and his 9 yr old brother in holidays ONLY.

Mum said to me this afternoon that 9 yr old's dad might be able to have him for some of the holidays and she would let me know. He breaks up on 22nd July.

Really and truly I should charge when he goes to Dad as I am available for work (and will still be having the 3 yr old as they have different dads). Alternatively, I could offer her to give notice so she doesnt have to pay for all the holidays - if I did 4 weeks from now, she would only have to pay for the first couple of weeks of the holidays.

What would you do?

To be honest I am a bit miffed as I do rely on his money to bump me up in the holidays. She gets help from Tax Credits and has been fine using me in other holidays (Easter and half terms etc).

wendywu
08-07-2009, 06:22 PM
If she wants to use you at all she should pay for all the holidays. She cannot chop and change to save herself a few pennies. It just does not work thet way.:)

angeldelight
08-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I have children that come in holidays only

If they are not going to be here then I still charge full fee

Angel xx

helenlc
08-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Thank you ladies - I just wanted to be sure before I said anymore to Mum.

miffy
08-07-2009, 07:36 PM
If she wants to use you at all she should pay for all the holidays. She cannot chop and change to save herself a few pennies. It just does not work thet way.:)

My sentiments exactly!

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-07-2009, 05:11 AM
I have children that come in holidays only

If they are not going to be here then I still charge full fee

Angel xx

Me too...

I have started stating to my parents that they have to pay me the tax credit element now it is against my IR number otherwise if I am written to they may have to pay it back.

The Juggler
09-07-2009, 10:45 AM
also, what about future holidays? Don't offer to give notice if you're going to have him in future. I would charge if it were me especially as you're relying on the money.

helenlc
09-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Ok, I have written Mum a letter basically saying that I am contracted to have M in holidays, therefore I expect full pay regardless of whether he comes or not. I have also said that I need a full weeks notice of whether M is coming so I can make plans for us all.

I didnt offer about the giving notice either.

I will keep you posted..........