PDA

View Full Version : NCMA toolkit

Minstrel
08-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I've heard lots of you receiving a NCMA toolkit for free.

How did you get these? No-one has told me about this and I feel left out :(

hello kitty
08-07-2009, 04:53 PM
I received mine as I am doing the EYFS certificate and was offered another one as I am going through the accreditation process. :)

chewy sweets
08-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Yes i'm getting mine through my local children's partnership. Have you got an NCMA co- ordinator. Maybe she could arrange one for you.

Tinglesnark
08-07-2009, 05:59 PM
what are they?
x

Emmylou75
08-07-2009, 07:21 PM
When I did the ICP course the tutor said that you get the NCMA membership free for a year with your public liability insurance and a toolkit which is a hard lockable case which includes the contracts, record forms, accident book etc

My development officer with the NCMA sorted my membership out when she came to check my application and put it through before the financial year was up so I've been a member since March even though I've only been officially registered since the 3rd July!!! I havent received the toolkit yet so I rang them today and they've had a back log of orders so they are on the hunt for it, they can't understand how I've received my membership but not the toolkit. Anyway they are on the case and I'll hopefully have it soon!!

Emma x

sarah707
08-07-2009, 07:36 PM
what are they?
x

Welsh childminders are automatically signed up to the NCMA and they receive the NCMA toolkit.

It's basically a folder full of paperwork. Here's their website - http://www.*************/shop/

Morton Michel, the other childcare insurer, also do a paperwork folder. You can find details here - http://www.*****************/

Hth :D

hello kitty
08-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Oops sorry, we are talking at crossed purposes. The EYFS Toolkit I mean does not contain contracts etc it is full of information relating to the EYFS and has dividers with headings:
enabling environments,
unique child and positive relationships,
observation and assessment,
short term planning,
record keeping,
case studies
and FAQs.

I first came across the Toolkit when I did some EYFS training with a Montessori nursery but was told cms could not have them. However as I said earlier as I am doing this EYFS certificate these were handed out to us. My network coordinator also offered me one this week as I am going for accreditation. :D