PDA

View Full Version : Really stuck with the EYFS.

jayne191284
07-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Not on how to provide it as we do it everyday without really thinking.

Its putting it all down on paper.

So far we have a diary where we write down everything we have done during the day. We then go through the childs development file and fill in what milestones they are reaching. We can then see any areas that the child needs a bit more help in and plan accordingly.

We also have a photo journal. But should each child have their own daily diary and journal or is one group on ok seeing as though they have their own development files?

Also should we be doing the journals for the children who go to school/nursery school?

xx

singlewiththree
08-07-2009, 06:09 AM
You have to do the EYFS for children up to 5 years whether they go to nursery/school. Obviously the amount you do depends on how long they are with you so yes you have to do one but it doesn't have to be as comprehensive.

Ok I have a daily diary for daily communication with the parents. Then I have a learning journey where I put observations on what the child has done, and then write this up and link to the 6 area of learning. I then use that to plan the next activity for the child. All the child's work/photos go in the child's learning journey.

I don't have a separate photo book. I keep them on the computer, except for the ones I have printed out to use in observations or its such a great photo I stick it in the daily diary. Then I save those for when they leave or I'm thinking of doing a photo book each year for the parents for christmas.

Hope that answers your question.

angeldelight
08-07-2009, 06:12 AM
You sound like you have the right ideas maybe you could just move things around a little ?

I do more or less what Paula does

Enjoy

Angel xx