PDA

View Full Version : Receipts for payment?

Tatjana
07-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Do I need to give the parent a receipt for payment received?

TIA

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
07-07-2009, 05:54 PM
This is down to you - some will say yes and some will say no

Personally I issue an invoice and the money is paid directly into my bank so I do not see any need for it but if you continually got cash them you do not have a paper trail without a receipt.

sarah707
07-07-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't use receipts ... used to years ago for one family who asked for them, but haven't since then :D

Lady Haha
07-07-2009, 06:12 PM
I do, mainly for my own benefit!!! I use a duplicate receipt book and every week I transfer the amounts I've been paid into my accounts book and cross off each one as I go. I would get in such a mess if I didn't do that!

Two of my mums are student midwives and get a bursary to help with childcare and they need receipts to prove they have paid me!

Spangles
07-07-2009, 06:20 PM
It's entirely your decision. I always did, thought it seemed professional and only took a matter of seconds to write up. I bought a duplicate book from Wilkinsons.

manjay
07-07-2009, 06:24 PM
I always do but I worked in a bank for years so was used to giving out receipts everytime someone gave me money;)

grindal
07-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi
Hows it going, have you started yet? I use an NCMA receipt book - I liked to get a receipt when i used a childminder, so it made sense for me to use them.

miffy
07-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I only give receipts if a parent asks for one

Most of my money comes through voucher companies and goes straight into my bank account so I can easily prove what I've earned

Miffy xx

Deb
07-07-2009, 09:18 PM
doesnt it say on tthe ncma contracts somewhere about giving receipts? I dont generally but do if I get cash off one parent as she has argued about paying more in the past, a receipt shows how much she did pay and doesnt leave anything to memory.

singlewiththree
08-07-2009, 06:22 AM
I too give a receipt if asked or if its a large amount of cash but for those who pay when they come as its once a week I don't bother.

rachelle
08-07-2009, 08:05 AM
I re-email the invoice with paid in full in bold across the amount owed for monthly payers. My weekly payer gets a paper receipt from a receipt book.

atmkids
08-07-2009, 08:18 AM
I use the NCMA receipts. I like them as the parent signs it which covers you if there was a query from the taxman.

Tatjana
08-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Oooh, not sure what to do now! Hmmm, will have a longer think:idea:

Alison, I finally started minding yesterday, lovely and easy going (so far) little one!

xx

charleyfarley
08-07-2009, 12:01 PM
I use the NCMA receipts. I like them as the parent signs it which covers you if there was a query from the taxman.

I use these too as someone said it covers you if there is ever a query about amount paid from parent also
I issue them more for my benefit though as everything is there in black and white.

Carol xx

Mrs.L.C
08-07-2009, 03:48 PM
I have a bit at the top of my invoices I send out showing how much the parent had paid for the previous month so they are getting a receipt of some kind