PDA

View Full Version : Help Pre Reg

shelly03
07-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi Everyone i have my pre reg visit in the morning and i am terrified can anyone give me any advice on what to expect and waht to have ready PLEASE.:panic:

misst104
07-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi there,

There are lots of threads about this and in general I think most people feel exactly like you do (I know I did!!) but really its not at all bad. The inspector is there to help at this one and not to catch you out. Have you filled in your preparation booklet and had a good look at the EYFS stuff???

I am sure it will be fine and tomorrow you will be posting us to let us know you don't know what you were worrying about!

Good Luck.

xxx jo

Tinglesnark
08-07-2009, 07:07 AM
hi i am in the exact same boat as you and am desperatley trying to fill out my booklet so that i am armed! the EYFS cards will help apparently but as a newly registered member, by the time my post is validated we will both have had our inspections and i am praying that the go well! i must say that on the phone my inspector sounds really nice - fingers crossed for you!

oooer mrs! scary stuff this!!

:D :thumbsup:

Gizmo
08-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Just be yourself ,best advice I was given :thumbsup:

geordiebunny
08-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Any news form your inspection? I hope it went well

shelly03
09-07-2009, 09:56 AM
My pre reg was great. The lady that came was lovely stayed for 2.5 hours and made me feel really relaxed. Obviously I was worried about nothing. Only suggestion she gave me was to put a stair gate up which I was going to do anyway, My policies are fine and we had a good chat.

Thanks for your advice everybody:)

It's a small world
09-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi Everyone i have my pre reg visit in the morning and i am terrified can anyone give me any advice on what to expect and waht to have ready PLEASE.:panic:

Hi

I was in the same boat in April. Didn't sleep for a week. Cleaned the house from top to bottom literally--cupboards, oven, fridge , freezer...everything..

When Ofsted lady came she spent 5-10 mins going round the house..didn't look in cupboards (asked where fire blanket etc were ) quick look in back garden. Then looked at ID...then chatted about what I was going to be doing (asked 4 questions on Pre reg form --mainly safeguarding and how I would handle certain situations) honestly it really isn't that bad mine was really nice. I asked a few questions and she was happy to give advice.. they are only human and there to help and give advice not judge..

Let us know how you get on...make sure you ask for ID at the door. mine showed me when she arrived but just in case they don't ( good piece of advice I was given).

Hope this helps...try not to worry you will be fine (EASY FOR ME TO SAY :laughing: )