PDA

View Full Version : Daily journals...ncma or your own?

Emmylou75
06-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi, just wondering what most peopke do regarding daily journals really. Are the ncma ones worth buying? We dont do the EYFS here in Wales so if there's a section in there about that then it won't get used! What feedback do you get from parents regarding your own devised one? Also how detailed do they need to be?

Sorry far too many questions in one post!!!!

Emma x

miss mopple
06-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Do you mean diaries for yourself or the kids?

I just use a simple notebook for diaries to go home with the kids and detail briefly what they have been up to, food, nappies, mood etc. Parents write anything they want to tell me in there too.

I also keep an A5 diary for me where I just note down what we did, any relevant info that I may need to refer to later, notes etc. In the back of that I also make notes for when I next want to update my SEF (sometime never :laughing: )

Blaze
06-07-2009, 07:20 PM
IMHO the NCMA ones are a complete waste of money...even more so if you're following EYFS!

manjay
06-07-2009, 07:32 PM
My daily journal is what I write in for myself (so my diary). I print this up each month and is based on one I bought from Sarah. I write things like what we have done, who is here, what food and drink I have provided, fridge temps, school/nursery runs, food temps and any other things that I think are important

Each of my under 3's have their own daily diary which goes home with them each evening. This gives parents info about what the child has done, eaten, drunk, toilet, nappies etc.

From my experience I have found that unfortuately lots of ready made products are strongly geared towards English minders (which as Blaze said is a waste of money if you are not following EYFS) so I tend to make my own

Emmylou75
06-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks ladies,

Think I will do my own......sounds cheaper and easier!

grindal
07-07-2009, 06:36 AM
I have used old exercise books from when i used to work in school, but since joining my local network have been given 2 NCMA ones free, and had one sent to me when NCMA messed up an order, so think I will try them for a while next. To be honest, I would not buy them though!!

Roseolivia
07-07-2009, 12:27 PM
NCMA ones are not very good. I prefer to write in a notebook.