PDA

View Full Version : help!

chewy sweets
06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
:eek: I've got my pre reg inspection this wednesday and my house looks like a building site!
I've had my partner painting the house- Which is half done because of the rain! We also need to lay a patio!!!!! There's the old patio all across my drive and it looks like a bomb's gone off!
I'm starting to rally panic now! Can't really help him much cos i've got no one to look after my 14 month old baby boy!
I'm trying to tidy up inside and my lo is just pulling everything out behind me!!!:panic:
Sorry to rant but i'm getting worried now!

sarah707
06-07-2009, 06:22 PM
The inspector isn't looking for perfection... just to see that you know what needs doing and reassurances it will be done before registration.

Relax :D

manjay
06-07-2009, 06:26 PM
The inspector isn't looking for perfection... just to see that you know what needs doing and reassurances it will be done before registration.

Exactly! I had a half finished kitchen when I had my pre reg. Just explain what is going on and let your inspector know it will be finished before you start minding. If there is anything they are not happy with they will give you an action and you just have to confirm to them when you have done it.

Just chill, it will be fine, honest:D

brightstar
06-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi Katie, I think i'm in the same area as you. I was decorating when I had my pre-reg. There was no problem, I just said it would soon be finished and the Inspector passed me. (there were stepladders and paint everywhere upstairs). Don't worry the Inspector is human and knows its your home. Good luck!

miffy
06-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Don't get in a panic - you'll be fine

Good luck

Miffy xx

geordiebunny
06-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Don't worry I panicked over my garden not being level but inspector was not boethered I explained that I will be getting the garden returfed at the end of summer. You will do fine they really aren't looking for perfection as they understand that you live in your home.

sophiestars
06-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Don't worry - my hallway wasn't plastered and had no floor when she came, also my garden was in a terrible sloping state but she still passed me. She said i could take children as the house was to my absolute surprise but all the work got done before I started.

As long as you can say what will be done etc it will be fine.

It's a small world
06-07-2009, 09:36 PM

Hi

I had my pre reg back in April and the inspection literally spent 5-10mins going round the house I cleaned my cupboards, fridge, freezer, scrubbed the floors, doors, walls everything.....:laughing: felt like saying look at my cupboards look at my fridge ........inspect them lol

My friend was a bit like you her back garden was all dug up and being done..she hasn't got stair gates as her youngest is 5...so needs quite a lot doing before up and running..when she had her inspection she just told them what was going to be done they just told her that tey would return on a certain date (think it was a couple of weeks) to ensure that the jobs had been done as they need to ensure your house is safe before sending out certificate.

Hope that helps. I'm sure you will be fine..just tell them what you need to do and they can't fail you, they are not there to judge you they are there to guide and help you...
You will be fine...after all they are only human themselves...they don't expect a showroom
Kx