PDA

View Full Version : Ok i have had enough!!

Ben10mad
05-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Not sure if you remember but 2weeks ago i had all my parents who didn't pay in the same week. the following week all payment were made update by all parents...... Fine. But this week they have all not paid me again all the excuses the cash machine hs taken my card, ive forgot my cheque book and the other just no payment no phone call.
Im really getting so frustrated with this, I MUST BE A MUG!!!
ANY WAY, i dont like the idea of paying a month in advance(it wouldnt work for me) so i was thinking of asking them to pay on a monday for the the ongoing week if that makes sence( in other words in sted of working and getting paid at the end of the week , will get paid at the start of the week)
Does any one else do this?
If so does it work?
and how much notice should i give them to change payment dates

Any replys would be very much apprechiated.
Thanx

Hebs
05-07-2009, 05:32 PM
you need to give them 4 weeks notice of any change (i think)

just word the letter stating that fee's need to be paid on a monday to enable you to provide the service you already do :thumbsup:

margimum
05-07-2009, 05:43 PM
The notice you need to give is whatever is on your contracts, mine is 2 weeks for any changes.
I get paid on Monday for the week ahead and it works just fine. Occasionally parent may 'forget' that morning but it's easy to remind them several times as needed so I've always been paid up before the end of the week.
A friendly worded general letter should be given to all parents.

helenlc
05-07-2009, 05:44 PM
The other alternative is to introduce a Late Payment Fee. Mine is £10 a day for every day that they are late with payment. (I have never enforced it as I am too soft!)

But you could issue a letter to say that you are introducing it in 4 weeks time and that might scare them into paying on time in future.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I now charge one week in advance. They pay on Friday for the following week.

Just sit down and explain that you cannot substain the current payment status and this is what you propose. Parent may not be able to do it. I amended mine when I was off at Christmas and instead of a credit mum carried on paying.

peanuts
05-07-2009, 07:16 PM
i have some pay me weekly in advance and some monthly in advance.

tulip0803
05-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I charge in advance, either weekly or monthly. I also have a £5 a day late payment fee if they don't pay on the day they are supposed to. Having said that if they have a genuine problem and tell me in advance I MAY waive the fee.

Deb
05-07-2009, 09:45 PM
I get paid in advance and would advise tyou to think about doing the same too. Other than that give the requiered notice, but speak to your parents first.

PixiePetal
05-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Mine all pay on the first day of attendance each week. Lots of part timers.

Saying that, mine are all good payers anyway at the moment :thumbsup: Only time I have had late payment is when they are off ill and I get it the next week.

mrs c
05-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Mine all pay weekly, on their first day with me. Vouchers are also paid to me at the beginning of the month and any shortfall is paid in advance. Did have one who didn't pay then didn't send her daughter so to get my money I took her to small claims court, which is easy to do online.

wendywu
05-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Mine all pay me weekly on the first day with me. I have the odd blip when someone will pay on a tuesday instead of a monday. But all of mine are full timers and i have had the parents for between 4 and 7 years, so i know them really well. :)