PDA

View Full Version : plan for afterschool children

missv1981
05-07-2009, 11:37 AM
:thumbsup:

I have 2 year one children starting in septemebr. they are only with me 1 day a week from 3.30-6 and dinner will be at 5pm.

I have loads of activities for them to do so i don't need activity ideas (unless you want to share as i know everyone has fab ideas) but i do want to know time plans you might have for after schoolies. for example;

Do you give them chill out time when they get back?

Do you let them watch a bit of tv?

when do they have a snack?

Do you have an adult led activity or child led or both?

Do you have a end of session routine?

etc

thanks xx

oh and they will be the only two children at this time x

Chatterbox Childcare
05-07-2009, 12:02 PM
:thumbsup:

I have 2 year one children starting in septemebr. they are only with me 1 day a week from 3.30-6 and dinner will be at 5pm.

Do you mean 4 year old?

I have loads of activities for them to do so i don't need activity ideas (unless you want to share as i know everyone has fab ideas) but i do want to know time plans you might have for after schoolies. for example;

Do you give them chill out time when they get back?

I let mine do what they want to do

Do you let them watch a bit of tv?

If they want

when do they have a snack?

Biscuit or fruit when we get home and most of the summer an ice lolly

Do you have an adult led activity or child led or both?

I give suggetions but they pick what they want and a lot of the time they will do what is left out from the day time activities

Do you have a end of session routine?

Tidy up before tea, tea and then tv/garden until they go home

etc

thanks xx

oh and they will be the only two children at this time x

Hope this helps - with after schoolers they have had enough routine and structure and just want to chill and relax. Play is still a large part of their day and development.

sonia ann
05-07-2009, 01:55 PM
i agree with Debbie, my afterschoolers come in , have a drink and a snack, they then have free choice to do what they want....play in the garden, watch tv, play with the toys or do the craft activity for the day. The older ones can do their homework or play on the computer or games consul as well. My only request is that they put away anything they get out before they go home. All my parents have said they just want the children to chill out after school and I couldn't agree more.....it is a home from home setting.

angeldelight
05-07-2009, 07:57 PM
I agree we do not do much unless they want

Angel xx