PDA

View Full Version : What can i do with

devoncm
05-07-2009, 10:29 AM
8 and 10 yr old boys in the holidays? Ive not had boys that age before and im stuck for ideas, ive only got them for 3 weeks but id hate it if they got bored.
I asked my 9 yr old nephew what hed like to do if he went to someones house, so far ive got,

WII-loads of differnt games and sporty ones too so not just sitting down ones

Harry said lego/bionicle, ive only got normal lego

We have a fun park down by the beach

Might be able to go crealy,will see if they have passes-and marc to take us
Could go to the field and use Alysha's golf clubs maybe if their careful-or just pay £2 each for crazy golf

Does that sound ok, any other ideas are greatly appreciated

sonia ann
05-07-2009, 10:44 AM
we have the beach nearby too so i shall be making good use of that.....water and sand can keep kids happy for ages:clapping:

devoncm
05-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Thats what I was thinking, and it doesnt cost anything-except ice creams

RachelE
05-07-2009, 03:08 PM
My nearly 8 year old loves going to the park, playing with construction toys, baking, playdough - still!, playing in the garden, tv, arts and crafts, visits to the library and playing board games when little ones are asleep.

HTH!

Good luck :thumbsup:

miss mopple
05-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Mine love the local park that has fountains in it- we pack swimmers and they are occupied for hours :thumbsup:

Crafts always go down well with my older boys, especially messy ones :laughing:

Lots of football, kite flying, outdoor games like cricket, frisbee etc

Mouse
05-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Do you have any other minders close by with children that age?

You could arrange to get together at a park & organise footy matches, rounders games etc. All take picnics & make a day of it.

miss mopple
05-07-2009, 04:39 PM
thought of another one- den building in the local forest. We go armed with sheets and bamboo sticks and they love it :clapping:

devoncm
09-07-2009, 11:25 AM
thought of another one- den building in the local forest. We go armed with sheets and bamboo sticks and they love it :clapping:

oh i like that idea! dont know if i could find anywhere suitable though,will have to have a think.

samd35
09-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Getting them to arrange an obstacle course and timing them, you can join in too. My older ones loved doing this when the Olympics were on.
Board games, go down well. Haldon woods is good, play area there , also as you walk around there are different things to play on, make music , wooden huts, you could take a picnic.

What about the golf course at Phear park?

Crealy is good, we could meet up with you there.

Wednesday 5th August there is a National playday at Exeter, St Thomas Pleasure ground. They will be offerering fun, such as circus skills , dancing demonstrations, storytelling, soft play areas, sports fun and much more. And its free. On from 12 - 4pm.

Sam xxx

devoncm
09-07-2009, 07:50 PM
The wednesday sounds good but domt think would be worth it as got J til 2.30, could see about me dropping him off after though i suppose, ive wrote my list of board games to keep a look out for, my kids had them but they just lose the pieces lol. Thinking about crealy but might be prob getting everyone there, might have to go on a day where got less kids

miffy
11-07-2009, 07:10 AM
My older ones, boys and girls, love baking especially if they can eat what we make!!!!!

Last holidays we baked bread and they loved it - had the rolls for tea.

Miffy xx