PDA

View Full Version : Children's Information Service

Straws
18-02-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm not on the CIS website yet, was just wondering childminders who are not listed on the CIS website are your details automatically added to the mailing list what parents recieve when they phone up Children's Information Service asking for childminders details? or do i need to phone them and ask me to add my details?

Strawsx

deeb66
18-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Usually the list that manually goes out in the post only has current vacancy's on there.....so yes you do have to call and get your name on it when you have a vacancy.

I would certainly recommend getting onto the website because your name is then permanently listed.

I get a majority of my work from the CIS website!

mrsbumbles
18-02-2008, 02:44 PM
The cis normally send out a form for you to fill in your details etc, and then they put you on their mailing list for parents and also if you wish put your details on the net.

sarah707
18-02-2008, 03:55 PM
The way it happens in Cheshire is that Ofsted inform CIS when you are registered and they have sent out your certificate... then CIS send you an information pack to complete with lots of questions for your website listing.

This is your shop window so make sure it is as professional looking as possible. Button was only saying this morning about a mother who went through lots of listings and didn't even read the badly spelled or wrongly completed ones... so definitely worth spending some time on and getting right.

I have a look through local ones every so often to check I am competitively priced as well. :D

LittleMissSparkles
18-02-2008, 03:57 PM
where i am i had to phone them to let them no i had registered then they waited for ofsted to send them an updated list of new minders with my detials on and sent me a form to fill in and then they put me on ..... took good 3/4 weeks xxx

miffy
18-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Our CIS website wipes your details if you don't update them every 3 months - you can email phone or write to them

One little trick I learned from Vik was to keep making a minor amendment to your details so it pops you back up to the top of the list.

Miffy xx

Kelly
21-02-2008, 05:36 PM
In my area once Ofsted have informed them you are registered they send out a form for you to fill in and once you return it your details appear pretty quickly.

crazybones
21-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Our CIS website wipes your details if you don't update them every 3 months - you can email phone or write to them

One little trick I learned from Vik was to keep making a minor amendment to your details so it pops you back up to the top of the list.

Miffy xx

We must be lucky because we get a phone call once a month and they check your vacancies and details and update the website themselves.

Annie x

avril
21-02-2008, 08:14 PM
We must be lucky because we get a phone call once a month and they check your vacancies and details and update the website themselves.

Annie x

Yes it's great saves me a job :laughing:

Avril

crazybones
21-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Yes it's great saves me a job :laughing:

Avril

Just checked they have updated us on 19.02.08 and I am underneath you Avril :laughing: Dont squash me.

Annie x

Teresa
22-02-2008, 10:22 AM
In my area once Ofsted have informed them you are registered they send out a form for you to fill in and once you return it your details appear pretty quickly.

It is done like this in my area too! in fact i posted my form of on tuesday and checked this morning and i am on there already was put on wednesday, so it is very fast here.:clapping: