PDA

View Full Version : Planning for two 3 yr olds

HENNY
04-07-2009, 02:31 PM
I have been planning for just one child but I now have 2 3yr olds.Is it ok to do some general planning around a theme(at the moment theme is the great outdoors)which will benefit both of them and then build in some additional activities specific to next steps needed for each child - so a particular activity may be done by both of them but has mainly been planned with one of them in mind.Also on the plans should I highlight activities that have been especillly planned for that child.I'm also thinking now that I will do a daily plan of some basic on going activities e.g having a number/colour of the week tpye of thing.What do you all do?Would above be acceptable.The learning journal for my first mindee follows a planning cycle observations,next steps,spidergram of activities and activity plans with evaluation then cycle starts again.

sarah707
04-07-2009, 05:04 PM
I would run your normal group planning including activities you know both of them will enjoy...

Then do some individual planning, noting how you can support each child.

The rest of what you do sounds great and obviously supports learning and development... it's just a matter or making individual planning a bit more specific to the child.

i have 9 children for whom my group planning has to work... then all Eyfs ones have their own plans.

I don't focus on everything all at once, just a broad spectrum of activities through the month.

Hth :D

HENNY
04-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks Sarah!I just need to re jig the planning a bit to accomodate my new little one who is sooo.. cute!:thumbsup:

angeldelight
05-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Sounds like you have it all under control

Well done

Angel xx