PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that.....

Banana
06-12-2007, 09:03 AM
When you could really do with a lie in that the parents call you to say they arent coming half an hour after they should have been here!!

It was my first day with the new baby yesterday, should have arrived at 7.30 but instead came at 10.40 as dad was taking her to doctors about her cough. So i dont normally start until 10.30 on a wednesday but I was up at 6.45... could have had longer in bed.

Same scenario this morning. Should have been here at 7.30, so im up at 6.45, Called at 8am to say they are keeping her home as she has been up all night so she needs a day at home to rest with mum.

Grrrr, I like my sleep and it bugs me when I have to get up at stupid o'clock for no reason. I have got on with housework though :)

I have my other mindee arriving any minute... hopefully, he's a bit late. I havnt had him for ages as they have been on holiday for a month so its his first day back. Hoping he wont be upset at mum leaving today.

xxxxxxx

angeldelight
06-12-2007, 09:11 AM
I know just what you mean Lana this always happens to me too

It is annoying

I do not mind getting up early it is the rushing around I hate - quick having a shower drying my hair etc when I could have gone at my own pace

I did used to have a baby whose parents did this every single day though it did my head in
What made it worse was when they thought because they arrived late they could just make up their own mind about collecting an hour or so later in the evening - making their own rules! I soon put a stop to that ha

Hope your parents do not continue to do this

Angel xx

Banana
06-12-2007, 09:15 AM
I know the baby isnt 100% well, so i can appreciate them not bringing her I dont understand why they cant tell me earlier though.

I'll stop moaning now! lol

x

angeldelight
06-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Because you are not top of their list on things to do Lana

Silly I thought you would have known that haha

Angel xx

sarah707
06-12-2007, 10:44 AM
I'd send them a nicely worded text (or note) asking after baby's health and then saying 'As I have lots of children arriving through the day, I really need to be able to organise my schedule in advance. Feel free to text me overnight, or as soon as you know, if you are going to be late or not coming on any day - it really helps me! Thank you!'

Or you could put it in your newsletter so it's not aimed at one family in particular

You never know... it might work for a week or so! :laughing:

Cammie Doodle
06-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Been there and done that Banana !!!! We are way down the Parent's list of people to Contact. Carolyn has even had NO phone call to say child not coming and spent hours worrying before she rang them to check if all ok, to be told Sorry we meant to phone :angry:
June &Carolyn

squiggle
06-12-2007, 10:50 AM
this always happens to me too. i have a little boy 7am till 5pm everyday and i never know where i am.

I'm not a morning person but i'm usually up at 6.20am ready for 7 and this morning he turns up at half eight.

i had a word with mum this morning and told her she needs to text me if they are running late.

my moan over now

Jen x

Pipsqueak
06-12-2007, 11:32 AM
<big groan> up at 6.30am....:eek: I struggle at 7(.15)am ready to start work at 8.30!!

God Bless you all

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
06-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi Lana

Had this happen to me and it really bugs me just wish they would give us more notice but like the others say we are at the bottom of the list.

Lorraine xx

oakie dokie
06-12-2007, 01:14 PM
oh gosh, me too, i run round getting house ready, me ready and my own children ready for my first child arriving, then you get a call, hazel my heads all over the place could i have a pick up on your way to school, im not ready yet, grrrrrrrrr! i am human too, i get up late and all that, yet i still manage to be ready, and have to set off 10 minutes earlier to pick up as its on my way to school and they live round the corner, but of course when you get there , they are never ready.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , yesterday child ill ,told mum several times, she was up and down all day and if like this tomorrow best to stay home, get a call this morning, she had temp last night 4am, so gave medication and shes got up large as life so could i pick up after school run, i called to see for my self as when i tried to call her back,no answer, luckily she has been ok, but flip does it make you mad! especially when you have a 10 month old baby who has just been of for a week ill. do not want him to be bad again:angry:

all calm now hazelx

Pauline
06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
I know exactly what you mean :(

Make sure you get paid for it though, don't back down if they start suggesting they shouldn't pay etc. etc. etc.!

Mollymop
07-12-2007, 02:37 PM
I know, it is a pain in the butt!! :)
I look after my niece and nephew in the holidays and somethimes before and after school and the amount of times I have had to get up at say 6.30 to let them in as that is the time arranged the day before and then they don't show for at least a good half hour after!! So I feel I have got up too early for nothing.
But knowing me if I leave it too late to get up they will come on time and be banging on the door....:laughing:
Sandra x

Rubybubbles
12-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Oh dear nuff said I think lol

My parents are very good (makes a change eh!!), and will tell me the night before if anychanges (normally, it's they'll take lo to creche so just to pick him up!, NO PROBLEM LOVE hahaaha)

I guess when a baby is ill it is a bit different but no phone call June:eek: thats just rude!

Twinkles
13-12-2007, 11:11 PM
This happened to me this morning. Again I'm not a morning person but I got up at 7am ( after a really bad nights sleep ) for child due to start at 7.50. I got a call at 9.30 to say they wouldn't be here today!!
Great thanks for that.:mad:

charleyfarley
14-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Pain in the bottom that's what I say.

What you have to remember is you have no other life only the one of childminding their child.

No one elses just theres.

I think you do have to nip it in the bud at the start

Had one mindee, uncle used to drop him off 45 mins before due time, my time anyway told him straight

He never did it again and they moved house soon after so I stopped having him anyway.

You can guarantee that the one day you get up late is the one day they are on time or even early

Carol xx