PDA

View Full Version : WOW

Adiamond
02-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi all, I just thought I would write some of my positive news for you all. I have done my very first settling in session today with a beautiful 14 month old little girl who starts with me on Monday.
She came for a couple of hours this afternoon and she was as good as gold, we played, sang, did some dancing and read a book then she fell asleep on my knee. Mum came to pick her up and said that she had never fallen asleep on anyones knee before!!!!!!! she likes to sprawl out in her cot (apparently) :)
Later on after they had gone mum text me to ask if I was happy with how today had gone and I replied yes and was she? Well the text message I received brought a tear to my eye, she said that she wouldn't have been able to find a better childminder than me if she had looked for years and (k) must be so comfortable with me to fall asleep snuggled up on my knee :)

Oh I am so happy, after all the waiting and stressing it is all finally paying off...

THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD I reckon :clapping: :clapping:

her8y
02-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Ahhh Great news:D

Daddy Day Care
02-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Glad it went so well for you :clapping: :clapping:

gareth
xx

Lick'le Oakes
02-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Thats lovely to hear, :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Zoomie
02-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Glad to hear it is starting so well.

If I don't get a chance, good luck for Monday and congratulations

xx

sarah707
02-07-2009, 07:53 PM
That's lovely news! Well done you :D

Blackhorse
02-07-2009, 08:11 PM
well done!
Hope it will continue like this for you!! Great news

kirsty1329
02-07-2009, 08:43 PM
That's so nice, sounds as if she'll be a lovely parent to work with.

Congrats.

Kirstyxxx:jump for joy:

miffy
02-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Well done :clapping:

What a lovely start to your childminding career

Miffy xx

sophiestars
02-07-2009, 10:33 PM
AAAh that's so lovely. Her Mum sounds great - I always say it's not the children you have to worry about it's the parents! She sounds like she is going to be lovely to work for and the little girl sounds really sweet.
Make sure you do a parental questionnaire in a couple of months and I bet she will write you a glowing report. All of my parents have just done one and they wrote such nice things. I will be proudly showing them off to my ofsted inspector tomorrow!! (Although knowing them they won't like the questionnaire replies because they have all said there is nothing they would improve so there is nothing to reflect on lol!!)
Enjoy your time with the little one and lets hope you get more of the same! xx

Polly2
03-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Oh that is so lovely - what a lovely parent :)

mrs c
03-07-2009, 09:48 AM
That sounds really wonderful. Its so nice to have both a lovely mindee and parent.:)

Tatjana
03-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Aww what a lovely comment!:)

xx

emler
03-07-2009, 10:34 AM
What a lovely start - well done you :clapping:

geordiebunny
03-07-2009, 12:00 PM
That is great for you glad it is working out and hope you get more parents/children like them.

RachelE
03-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Thats fantastic. What a lovely Mummy!

Good luck for Monday, I hope you have a lovely 1st week together. :thumbsup:

Alz
03-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Lovely, lovely!....gives hope and positive vibes to all us who are pre-reg!!

jibberjitz
03-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Great news :thumbsup:

guest3
06-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Hope your first day in "the new job" went well for you Zoe...I can't wait until I get a little one to look after!

Wendy x

It's a small world
07-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi all, I just thought I would write some of my positive news for you all. I have done my very first settling in session today with a beautiful 14 month old little girl who starts with me on Monday.
She came for a couple of hours this afternoon and she was as good as gold, we played, sang, did some dancing and read a book then she fell asleep on my knee. Mum came to pick her up and said that she had never fallen asleep on anyones knee before!!!!!!! she likes to sprawl out in her cot (apparently) :)
Later on after they had gone mum text me to ask if I was happy with how today had gone and I replied yes and was she? Well the text message I received brought a tear to my eye, she said that she wouldn't have been able to find a better childminder than me if she had looked for years and (k) must be so comfortable with me to fall asleep snuggled up on my knee :)

Oh I am so happy, after all the waiting and stressing it is all finally paying off...

THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD I reckon :clapping: :clapping:

:clapping: So glad everything went well....Well Done you:clapping:

ZoeAlli
07-07-2009, 03:38 PM
That's great news!! Sounds like you have the grounds for a good working relationship with mum!
Hope you are as blessed in having more children and parents like this one.
:clapping: :clapping:

Zoe

Emmylou75
07-07-2009, 05:40 PM
What a lovley thing to say! Well done you:clapping: