PDA

View Full Version : No friends = no references!

marzi
02-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi all

Finally back online after weeks of problems, feels like weeks anyway!

My current problem is that I have moved quite often and never really made any lasting friendships. I have a best friend of 15 years who has written me 1 reference for my registration form but cannot think of anyone else. The only other person I can think of is my stepmum's daughter.

Would she be allowed or should i just send off the one?

I'd be grateful for any advice you can give me.
Thanks

Gizmo
02-07-2009, 06:58 PM
think that would be fine, I had a girl from work and my neighbour who is a midwife for my professonal (cant spell today) person

Daddy Day Care
02-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Do you go to any tots groups? my references came form a childminder who has known me two years through the group, and the lady that runs the group. neither had know me for more than 2 years but they were fine.

Gareth
xx

Blackhorse
02-07-2009, 08:55 PM
my references came from one of my bosses at my old job and one from a friend of mine at work.
I was first mortified by the list of people suitable for references as I thought they are the ONLY ones that can give you a reference. But once I talked to the Care commission with suggestions of people they were fine with it.

Just phone them (or ofsted wherever you are..) and ask...
I am sure you will figure something out!

Good luck

Tatjana
03-07-2009, 10:32 AM
As I've been a stay at home mum for years I didn't have work references available, got 2 friends whom i've known for 20+ years, luckily though they both have very good jobs at well known companies.

I would say that person would be fine to do you a reference:thumbsup:

xx