PDA

View Full Version : mum as an assistant for when baby comes

carebear25
02-07-2009, 07:37 AM
hi this has prob been asked b4

we're tryin 4 baby #2 an was thinkin of havin my mum as an assistant so when baby arrives she can help me wit mindees

mindees wil b
ds 2.5yrs
2.5yrs 3 days a week
5yr old pick up an holidays
an 1yr old 2 mornings a week

wud she b able 2 pick 5yr old up from school if she is 1st aid trained an crb checked???

I know im thinkin ahead but im a worrier an dont want 2 lose my mindees

Chatterbox Childcare
12-07-2009, 01:38 PM
if she is crb checked, permission from parents and first aid qualified then yes

carebear25
27-07-2009, 09:20 PM
will the 1st aid be arranged though same people as mine or will she have 2 sort herself also will ofsted do crb or do i need 2 sort that out?
:panic:

Twinkles
27-07-2009, 09:45 PM
OFSTED will do her crb check. But you may have to arrange her first aid course yourself ( and of course pay for it ).

I'd check ( with OFSTED ) about her collecting the 5 year old as it's my understanding that assistants cannot be left in charge of 5-8 year olds ?

ORKSIE
27-07-2009, 09:47 PM
A friend of mine had her mum as assistant, but her mum looked after her baby while she worked. IYSWIM She was CRB'd cos she spent all day looking after the baby while my friend worked, does that make sence:rolleyes: hope So.

carebear25
30-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Checked with Ofsted when they did inspection last week an she told me.

Assistant can pick L up from school as long as CRB & 1st Aid Trained.
Assistant can be left with M at home while I pick up L as long as CRB & 1st Aid Trained.

So forms need to be completed soon get her signed up on 1st Aid Course found 1 @ £82.

What else do I need to do??

Employers Liability or as she is already self employed do I need to do this.
Car Insurance - added to mine with business use?

Angela234
30-09-2009, 07:38 PM
I'M GETTING MY DAUGHTER RESISTERED AS MY ASSISTANT (sorry caps)

CAN'T YOU GET A LOCAL GRANT FOR FRST AID i'm due to do mine next year so have put daughter's name down. i have a grant for mine and was told as daughter will be working for me she can apply for a grant aswell

carebear25
30-09-2009, 08:20 PM
We live in different councils so not sure x

Chatterbox Childcare
30-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Checked with Ofsted when they did inspection last week an she told me.

Assistant can pick L up from school as long as CRB & 1st Aid Trained.
Assistant can be left with M at home while I pick up L as long as CRB & 1st Aid Trained.

So forms need to be completed soon get her signed up on 1st Aid Course found 1 @ £82.

Print off the EY2 form off the Ofsted website and that starts the ball rolling

This sounds really expensive to me so I would check with your council and St John's Ambulance

What else do I need to do??

Employers Liability or as she is already self employed do I need to do this.

She will need employers liability insurance - cost should be about £5 and covers employees and volunteers

Car Insurance - added to mine with business use?

It all happens quite smoothly - just start it all off

carebear25
02-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Have got my mum to fill in EY2, she has got a previous CRB check but doesnt have the paperwork this was kept by her ex employer but she does have the reference number, do you think this will be enough!

tinynippers
02-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Have got my mum to fill in EY2, she has got a previous CRB check but doesnt have the paperwork this was kept by her ex employer but she does have the reference number, do you think this will be enough!

hi there probably not, im sure she will have to do another one as i have 3 in process at the moment, 1 for the childminding, 1 for job at creche and i volunteer at the local air cadets all 3 are working with children and they wouldnt accept just one ive had to have 3 done its mad.

xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Ofsted will tell you what needs doing once the EY2 is in with them.

Ofsted will send you a letter of acceptability when it is all done.

You will need the PL insurance as it is specific to childminding.

carebear25
02-11-2009, 01:24 PM
will get it sent off 2moro an get the ball moving x

grindal
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Ofsted can accept previous CRBs - they accepted my DHs when I applied - but I had to have a new one done. They do not seem to follow any logical pattern as to whether to ask for new CRBs or not :panic:

carebear25
15-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Application in CRB hands now so wil have 2 wait for that 2 go thru xx

1st aid is bein ran by my network in jan but my mum wil b sunnin it in barbados - lucky woman....

No great hurry for her 2 do it really unless I start strugglin 2wards end of pregnancy xx