PDA

View Full Version : all about me sheet

atmkids
01-07-2009, 08:19 AM
I've got two 3 year olds starting in September and want to give them an All About Me sheet to fill in to go at the front of their learning journeys. Could anyone give me ideas on what questions to put on it suitable for their age. Thank you

Mummits
01-07-2009, 09:04 AM
I have "All about me" sheets for over 5s - or kids who can write, and parents' "My child at home" forms for younger ones.

On the all about me forms children seem to like to record their age (in years and quarters!), their height, who is in their family, their favorite foods, their favorite place(s), their favorite games and toys, what they have just learned to do (ride a bike, swim etc), what they hope to learn/do next. I also include is there anything that makes me scared or unhappy (e.g dogs, water, spiders) then what makes me most happy (cake, pokemon, karate...) The children often illustrate the forms and I encourage that.

Probably a bit of a tall order for three year olds though!

Mrs M
01-07-2009, 12:14 PM
My "All About Me" form has some text boxes in it for parents to fill in themselves with the kind of information they feel I need to know. I don't ask any questions or provide headings but I can give them ideas if need be. Generally they write in the boxes about likes/dislikes toys and food wise. There is a section for them to put the child's name, age and date.