PDA

View Full Version : busybees/kiddivouchers - sick/hols help

misst104
01-07-2009, 07:59 AM
I am taking on children in the next 2 months - one parent is using busybees and the other kiddivouchers. They are both going to be paying in advance monthly. (have worked out weekly fee x 52 divided by 12 - hope thats right!!).

My question is, what happens if I am on holiday or ill during the month as they have paid in advance. Do I adjust it for the follwong month and let the voucher company know or do the parents do that??? I am very confused!!! :o

Hope that makes sense to someone!!

xxx jo

misst104
01-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Lots of you have had alook at this but I am assuming as no replies that you didn't know the answer :( Anyone have any idea???

xxx jo

candy cat
01-07-2009, 12:18 PM
I am not sure but, guess if you charge for hols it will be 52 weeks if you don't then deduct how many weeks you have off ie 4wks = 48 wks as for sickness you will still charge for their sickness won't you it will just be your sickness that you won't which will be the odd day hopefully?? There is probably a helpline somewhere....sorry no help really cx

misst104
01-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I am not sure but, guess if you charge for hols it will be 52 weeks if you don't then deduct how many weeks you have off ie 4wks = 48 wks as for sickness you will still charge for their sickness won't you it will just be your sickness that you won't which will be the odd day hopefully?? There is probably a helpline somewhere....sorry no help really cx

I do charge for their sickness and hols so thats not a problem, but its mine that I was unsure of as obviously don't charge then. Thanks for reply denni70

xxx

singlewiththree
01-07-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm afraid I don't know either.

If I was being paid that way I would charge for 48wks not 52 as I dont charge for my 4 wks holidays and then if I was off sick one day I would refund the parent.

FussyElmo
01-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm afraid I don't know either.

If I was being paid that way I would charge for 48wks not 52 as I dont charge for my 4 wks holidays and then if I was off sick one day I would refund the parent.

Exactly what I would do!!!

Beckieboo
01-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Me too x:)

Deb
01-07-2009, 01:22 PM
I times by 50 and divide by 12 - takes my two weeks holiday into account - any variation for sickness I give them by cash or instant transfer into their account. They would make the changes to their payment and either request a smaller voucher amount or transfer a smaller cash amount depending on whether they use electonic transfer or a voucher system.

Busybess and Kiddivoucher have helplines for childminders to get info, you need to be registered with them to received the money too.

helenlc
01-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Are their fees completely covered by vouchers? Or do they give you a cash top up?

If there is a cash top up, then you could give them a cash refund if you needed to ie if you were sick.

charleyfarley
01-07-2009, 01:28 PM
The way I read it is if minding costs fall BELOW the amount being paid to minder then you need to let the Voucher company know and NOT refund any money to the parent. I can't remember which company that said it as I deal with 3.

Sorry just read that back and it may not make sense. It should be if minding costs fall Below the £243 per month you shouldn't refund to parent. Not sure that makes sense either but I'm rushing :blush:

If you look on voucher companys website I'm sure it will have some info there.

Carol xx

misst104
01-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks everyone!! I still feel a bit confused about it all tbh! :o :o :o

My OH has just tried to explain what he thinks and its got me even more confused now. Does anyone who gets paid by vouchers know whether it has to be the same amount each month (like a direct debit) or whether it could be altered if you have had a day off sick to reflect this????

Other problem is that one of the children is going to be doing 7 hours on a tues and 5 hours on a wed so I find this even more confusing as it would depend on which day it was you were sick on as to how much you would take off the following month (especially if you have worked it out by x 52/48 divide by 12).

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Think I need a lie down in a darkened room for a bit :laughing:

xxx

charleyfarley
01-07-2009, 08:34 PM
One of my parents pays a set amount with Kiddivouchers every month, the mom (wife) however pays with Busybees and SHE changes the amount she wants to be paid.

Talk to your parents and I hope you sort it out

Carol xx

miffy
01-07-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm registered with busybees and yes the amount paid over can vary each month.

Personally I wouldn't go down the route of working out a year's fees, dividing by 12 etc - that assumes that the parent/child will be with you for that time and if they leave part way through the year you might be out of pocket.

If you opt to have the money paid direct into your bank account then parent has to authorise the payment and 3 to 4 working days later the money should be in your account.

So mid June I work out the hours (or expected hours) for July, invoice to parents then money is transferred into my bank account for the start of the month. Any adjustments can be made the following month

Hope that helps
Miffy xx

misst104
01-07-2009, 09:25 PM
So mid June I work out the hours (or expected hours) for July, invoice to parents then money is transferred into my bank account for the start of the month. Any adjustments can be made the following month

Hope that helps
Miffy xx[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was hoping that I could do Miffy so thats a great help. I will phone kiddicare tomorrow and ask if they can do the same. :thumbsup:

xxx jo

squiggle
02-07-2009, 07:28 PM
i have a parent who pays by kiddievouchers - have done for over a year.

this is what i do -

the parent pays the same amount each month - this equals to 8 sessions over 4 weeks (2days a week )

when the money clears the parent signs for 8 sessions

when i'm off or on hols we 'bank' the voucher money and if she has extra sessions or its a 5 week month its just taken off the banked vouchers.

i have found this works well and even though the parent may be in 'credit' you will find over a year it will even itself out. my parent likes doing it this way as i keep her upto date with the money she has in credit and we work it out together :thumbsup:

probably confused you more now x

claireLouise
02-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Each month I issue an invoice to my parents and they request that payment from their voucher scheme. So far after a year I have had no problems so far.

KInd Regards

Claire