PDA

View Full Version : foundation degree interview

Polly2
30-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi all
Well have been accepted onto the course! They have said they want an interview. As I am doing it via e learning it will be a telephone interview.

What kind of things will they want to know do you think?? Just want to be prepared!

Do you think they will ring while I am working? Will they send a letter with a "interview time" on??

Me panicking now :) also I haven't heard off the council whether I can get a grant do you think I should be chasing this up??

Help :panic:

manjay
30-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Hi all
Well have been accepted onto the course! They have said they want an interview. As I am doing it via e learning it will be a telephone interview.

What kind of things will they want to know do you think?? Just want to be prepared!

Do you think they will ring while I am working? Will they send a letter with a "interview time" on??

Me panicking now :) also I haven't heard off the council whether I can get a grant do you think I should be chasing this up??

Help :panic:

Well done you:thumbsup: I have it on very good authority Holly that it is very informal and the tutor is lovely. I have had to postbone mine until 11th July but they did write and let me know when it was. Of course mine is slightly different as I will attend in person but I would have thought they would give you some warning as obviously you can't just sit on the phone for an hour with the little ones about. My network co-ordinator was here yesterday and she is starting with us in September. I have been told that funding should not be a problem for me but the local LEA do not issue applications for funding for part time courses until August each year. Not sure if yours is the same.

Hope we can be study buddies:D

Polly2
30-06-2009, 12:14 PM
The thing is the council haven't even acknowledged my letter so can't be sure they have it iyswim.

Maybe I wait a bit longer - I think I will ask when the college rings, they must have experience of these things.

Would LOVE to be studdy buddies especially as you will be attending some classes - I will NEED you ha! :thumbsup: xx

Polly2
30-06-2009, 12:15 PM
oh...totally unrelated to thread, but did you design you own logo on your website manjay??

Do you use it for all your paperwork? What program did you use? Hope you don't mind me asking :blush:

sdean
30-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I didn't receive any acknowledgement from the council just a letter confirming I had been granted funding and asking for my contribution. I am sure they wouldn't mind you giving them a ring just to see where they are up to. x

Polly2
30-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Yes was thinking of ringing - thing is I am a bit of a chicken :blush: especially when it comes for asking for money :o :o

Polly2
30-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Well just rang them - they are going to get back to me tomorrow so lets hope for the best :thumbsup:

manjay
30-06-2009, 04:50 PM
oh...totally unrelated to thread, but did you design you own logo on your website manjay??

Do you use it for all your paperwork? What program did you use? Hope you don't mind me asking :blush:

Of course I don't mind! but no I didn't do it myself:D I actually had it designed for another business venture I tried a few years ago but realised it worked quite well with my childminding business so just had the name changed. I think I found it through Ebay. I didn't pay very much but it was a few years ago. I use it everywhere:laughing: I have it on my work tops, paperwork, website, car sticker, fridge magnets from Vista Print........

I know there are lots of members who have done their own but this way suited me at the time. Sorry not much help!

Hope you get your funding sorted

Mollymop
30-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Just wanted to say well done!!

Polly2
01-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks manjay! Your logo is fab! I am going to try to do one but thats another thread :D

Oh I hope they ring back soon regarding grant...I hate waiting :)

Polly2
01-07-2009, 02:18 PM
They rang :D I got my funding but can't apply til Sept

Yay :clapping: :clapping: Let me know how your interview goes Manjay!

manjay
01-07-2009, 05:54 PM
They rang :D I got my funding but can't apply til Sept

Yay :clapping: :clapping: Let me know how your interview goes Manjay!

Fab news!!! That is basically what my council said but I can apply in August although it is not paid until a few weeks after the course starts.

I have been with my friend today and she has just finished year 1 of the same course we will be doing and she is loving it. She has been a minder for 10 years but is learning loads of new stuff. I am really quite excited:rolleyes:

sdean
01-07-2009, 08:11 PM
congratulations to you both!! It is such a relief when you know you are not going to have to find the money to pay for it isn't it !! :)