PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

Holly
17-02-2008, 09:12 PM
When i'm registered i'm gonna start a level 3 course but don't know which is best, either the diploma in home-based childcare or the CCLD (forgot what it stands for :o )
I have to wait till i'm registered before starting courses other wise we don't get 50% off here.
What would everyone recommend?
my spelling is terrible! :D

sarah707
17-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Depends what you want to do in the future... diploma in home based childcare leaves you stuck in home based childcare unless you top it up at a later date... if you think you might want to do something else in a few years, I'd look at the other one! :D

Pipsqueak
17-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I would definately say do the DHC first, as its a good grounding and provides a lot of background for the CCLD (Childrens Care Learning and Development)

Holly
17-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Thank you :)
How long do they take? i know its different for everyone but roughly?

miffy
17-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I have done the CCLD but not the DHC

CCLD is more portable - it allows you to work in other settings. I think there is a maximum time of two years to complete the CCLD but how long it really takes is up to you and your assessor

Good luck whatever you decide

Miffy xx

manjay
17-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I am going to do the NVQ3 as I may not childmind forever! In our area the DHC is done at college with each unit taking 15 weeks. I prefer to do mine at home whivh I can do with the NVQ

amanda xx

Noodles
23-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi i completed my nvq3 last July and found it easy to complete. It took me 5 months to do. As others have said the DHC is limited wheras the NVQ3 can be used when applying for numerous jobs.
In the end it depends on your long term plans

miffy
23-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Hi i completed my nvq3 last July and found it easy to complete. It took me 5 months to do. As others have said the DHC is limited wheras the NVQ3 can be used when applying for numerous jobs.
In the end it depends on your long term plans

That was quick - my assessor had my portfolio for 5 months!!!!!!!!!

Miffy xx

avril
23-02-2008, 12:36 PM
I did the nvq3 which took 9mnths, and I chose this one as I don't plan to do childminding forever also early years/cis were paying for us to do the course at the time so it was FREE what better reason!!:laughing:

Avril

Noodles
23-02-2008, 01:09 PM
I have just had my portfolio back (she missplaced it ) but have had my certificate since last september:)

sarah707
23-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I have just had my portfolio back (she missplaced it ) but have had my certificate since last september:)

How on earth can you misplace a portfolio that big?!? :eek:

Noodles
23-02-2008, 05:15 PM
How on earth can you misplace a portfolio that big?!? :eek:

Pass she told me that it must have been put in the storage cupboard with some other course when they had a move around. Never mind i have it back now:)

Tily Bud
23-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Im waiting to do the NVQ3 , apparently they are having problems finding an assessor in the area :eek:

lindylou
23-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi i did the nvq 3 in 1995 and i did it really quickly the beauty of nvq is you can do it as quickly as you wish or you can take your time and it is recognised nationally ,so as sarah says it is better than a home based course
LINXX