PDA

View Full Version : How long to complete?

CherryBlossom
30-06-2009, 07:51 AM
I started Unit one of the Home based childcare last night. The lady said my local council fund any courses which we want to do! I am really pleased about this, as I would like to try and gain as many qualifications as possible.
Only thing is because of the Summer holidays, there is a 7 weeks gap in between the course dates which is annoying!

How long has it taken other people from start to finish, to complete all 5 units?

x

Andrea08
30-06-2009, 09:03 AM
sorry dont know hun but i started my NVQ3 in the sept and finished b4 the summer hols?

CherryBlossom
30-06-2009, 07:25 PM
sorry dont know hun but i started my NVQ3 in the sept and finished b4 the summer hols?

I could be wrong but I think that all 5 units count as NVQ3, so that is really good to complete in less than a year!
z

sdean
30-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I started Unit 1 DHC in Nov 08 and I am just completing Unit 5 now. I have worked hard to get it done before the summer holidays. Interesting though and I have learnt loads. I would recommend it. Mine was funding through the council early years too. x
:)

jaja
30-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi

I started mine in feb 07 and decided to go full steam on the first two units and then stopped!!! bad idea i put the books down and didnt do any for the next 9 months (family problems) then had to hurry up on the last two units... i was enrolled for two years... but if i put enough time into it i would only spent a year tops....

good luck xx

Tracey1
03-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Hiya I started mine November 07, I have till November of this year, not long I know, but just starting Unit 5 the last one. I have been doing mine at home via the NEC (National Extension College).

I would advice you to double check that the whole course is covered, as I was applying for my unit at a time, as I thought was correct, to then find out that I was only going to be covered for two of them at £200 each unit, I've had to fund the last two via direct debit to beable to complete.

Some authorities only have so much money they can give out so best to check first.

Tracey