PDA

View Full Version : HELP on FEES!!!!

DCS
17-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I have set my fee's but have come to realise I have ended up with several items. do you think i've left any out? or do I have too many different charges? all comments greately appreciated!
1. ft weekly
2. pt per day
3.wk day eve
4.wk end day
5. wk end eve
6. bank hol
7. late collection
8. returned payment
9. pay as you go

Also any tips on the best way to maximize prompt payment?

Pipsqueak
17-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I have an hourly rate, weekly rate, unsocial hours (after/before my set working times) and late payments

I generally use this statements to gently remind parents that payment needs to be on time

PAY UP OR ELSE!! Kidding.... I use (this is not all in one paragraph/place I have just copied and pasted)

Payment will be expected promptly at the end of each session unless arrangement is made otherwise.

Please take in consideration that I provide:
Ÿ A clean, warm, loving home
Ÿ Extra cleaning materials, disposal materials and waste, heating/lighting etc
Ÿ Play and safety equipment
Ÿ Various activities and outings (some outings may incur an extra cost payable by you)
Ÿ Healthy foods, snacks and drinks (shopping, storage, preparations)
Ÿ Time spent cleaning my home and equipment
Ÿ Record keeping
Ÿ National Insurance and tax
Ÿ Flexibility and reliability
Ÿ Insurances
Ÿ My wage is what is left after these deductions
Ÿ I attend professional training sessions in my OWN time and often paid for by me in the majority if instances

Payment and Late Payments -I require payment in full at the end of each weekly session or end of each month - as arranged Payment will not have been considered made until a cheque has cleared.
We all suffer cash flow problems from time to time. I would appreciate your honest and open communication should you feel there may be a delay in payment, we may be able to come to an agreement schedule.
Repeated late and non payment are grounds for terminating a contract immediately and I will pursue monies owed through legal channels if necessary.

I reserve the right to refuse to care for your child until outstanding monies are paid. During refusal of care - the retainer rate will be charged. A non-payment fee of £5.00 PER DAY will be incurred as well, to cover any costs I suffer through non-payment. I will seek further assistance (ie/ legal channels) to recover monies owed if necessary

The discussion of money is never an easy one, please make it as easy as possible for all parties and pay promptly. Please consider how you would feel and the effects you would suffer if your employer told you on payday that your wages will be late.

Hope that helps

berkschick
17-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Sorry, I cant help you there as I charge a set fee per hour and thats it!

I find it much simpler to work out that way.

You can bump your payment up by asking for additional payment for meals.

deeb66
17-02-2008, 07:27 PM
I am the same as you Debbie.

I have got a late payment fee but very rarely use it.

berkschick
17-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I have that too Dee, needs must in this business!

But my flat fee is the same regardless of how many hours they do, if they are siblings, etc.

I do have a minimum hours policy of 6 hours per week though.

sarah707
17-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Also any tips on the best way to maximize prompt payment?

Be like dodgy Dave the roofer and drive them to the bank every Friday for your money :laughing:

tulip0803
18-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I charge by the hour too. Although I do offer a small sibling discount. I have an unauthorised overtime rate. And an outside normal working hours rate.

I have a late fee in place for encouragement. Luckily most of my old ones were very good payers. We shall see what happens here soon - hopefully.

Juliaxx

Banana
18-02-2008, 12:03 PM
I have an hourly fee. (Higher at weekends)

An overnight Fee, and unsociable hours fee (which is applied at anytime outside my normal working hours.

I do think you have a lot of different hourly rates but if thats how you want to work it then thats fine, it is your business and you do what you want.

I would recommened a late payment fee and policy as suggested above but make sure you are very clear about it at any meetings you have with parents so that from the off they know you mean business

xx

ChocolateChip
21-02-2008, 10:32 PM
I have started off charging a flat £3 p/h, (£4.50 outside normal hours) with a late fee of £5 a week- hope I won't have to use it!
Reading other peoples posts has made me wonder about session charging though, cos it is a gamble whether you can fill odd hours.
Nikki :(

susi513
22-02-2008, 08:43 AM
For under fives I have 2 daily rates (8-5:30 and 9-3:15) and 2 hourly rates (higher rate for less than 20 hours a week). Minimum charge 4 hours a day.

For over fives I have a charge for "breakfast club" - 8-9 am = 1 hour and after school which I calculate at 3 x the morning session price. Although its up to 2 3/4 hours. Holiday rates are same as the under 5s daily rates.

Unsocial hours £4 per half hour.
Saturdays time & half
Sunday double time

I give parents the choice of paying weekly or monthly and they select their own payment day/date. They can't change it, though, unless they give 4 weeks notice to cancel this contract and we agree a new contract with their new payment date. Same as I would have to do if I put the fees up. Because they chose their payment date it should co-incide with their salary payments which reduces the chances of them spending my fees on something else. And I get lots of paydates!

Deposit Fee (for long-term/ongoing contracts) - one months fees which I keep til the end of the arrangement
Registration Fee £20 per child per year to register for ad-hoc/occasional bookings.

Some things to put on the contract:
Absence Fees:
On a staff training day/inset day*
On a school closure day (snow day, boiler breakdown, staff strike etc)*
On a bank holiday in the middle of the school holidays
On a bank holiday at the end of a term-time week*

*If you do a retainer fee in school holidays, for example, parents may assume any day the school is closed counts as a school holiday.