PDA

View Full Version : Temperature

Holly
17-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Do you have to write down the temperature of your room like you have to with your fridge?
also... what other records do you have to do on a daily basis like Fridge temperature check?
thanks!

deeb66
17-02-2008, 06:42 PM
You don't have to write your room tempreture down but of course you could do if you wanted to.

I complete a risk assessment every morning. It only takes a few minutes as it is in tick sheet form. It really is in place just to confirm that the house is ready for the children and that there is nothing left lying around that could be dangerous.

I tick to say that I have checked the temp stat but don't log the actual temp. I only log the temp of the fridge and freezer.

Holly
17-02-2008, 06:44 PM
You need to do it for your freezer too...?

deeb66
17-02-2008, 06:45 PM
You need to do it for your freezer too...?

It is good practice to do freezer as well .....of course it is up to you.

sarah707
17-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I do the same as Dee - fridge and 2 freezers temps plus a quick risk assessment which includes mention of checking the radiator stats and ensuring the room is a safe temperature.

I store food for mindees in my freezer as well as my fridge - if a claim was made against me for food poisoning in the future, I would like to think I could prove I had not been negligent. :D

miffy
17-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't log the room temperature

I was told on my food hygiene course that it was a legal requirement (from Jan 06) to log the temp of your fridge if you were storing food in it that was for mindees

Miffy xx