PDA

View Full Version : Do i deduct my hols from her half fee?

Jen4Kids
28-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi all, sorry for the confusing title, i didnt know what to put :)

I have a new mindee (22mths) starting in September who will be doing term time only as her mum is a teacher. She is paying me half fees during the holidays, but i am taking a week hols at christmas and a week next easter, but do i still charge her the holidays at half fee, or is it best to deduct the weeks that im going to be away so she doesnt pay me anything?

Im quite sure the answer will be to not charge for when im on holiday as i wont be available to work, but she said she wouldnt need me anyway (she also has a 4yr old at nursery so would be at home with them both) A very small part of me doesnt want to tell her im away and charge half fee as normal :blush:

Hope i dont sound to immoral :blush:

grindal
28-06-2009, 07:51 PM
If you have agreed to her paying half fees during school holidays then she should pay half fees in school holidays - Personally, thats what I think :blush:

I would keep my mouth shut and not mention it.

PixiePetal
28-06-2009, 07:56 PM
NCMA say the place has to be available if you charge retainer. So if you are away you should not charge - well that's what I believe they mean :)

I don't charge for my time off at Christmas and easter. Other hols when I am here I ask for notice if I will be needed - or I wouldn't be able to plan anything for my kids. They don't usually need me :)

sweets
28-06-2009, 07:56 PM
My term time children pay me half in the hols (well their parents do!). I don't tell them when i am on hols. :)

Mollymop
28-06-2009, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't charge her if I was away/having time off, hun xxx

Jen4Kids
28-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks for your replys

Think ill deduct my holidays as id only be getting half fees anyway. She will think im the best childminder around :laughing: :laughing: