PDA

View Full Version : Fee if go to Nursery????

Kalila
27-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Hello,

Just wanted to ask..... If you are looking after a child that attends nursery for 2 and a half hours in the morning then pick up & have for the rest of the day - do you charge while that child is in nursery aswell?? Or only charge when you have them??
I know a childminder that will charge while the child is attending nursery per hour to the parent.

Thanks

Kalila
27-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Sorry meant to say...will also drop the child off at nursery in the morning which is charged.

Mouse
27-06-2009, 08:51 PM
If I drop off & collect the child from nursery then I charge while they are there.

If parents drop off & I collect I charge if I am resposible for the child while he is at nursery (ie. if I'm down to be called if the child is ill etc)

If parents drop off & my responsibility doesn't start until I collect the child, then I charge from the time I leave the house to go to nursery.

Chimps Childminding
27-06-2009, 10:00 PM
I charge full if I drop off and pick up, and charge half if I only collect (as i am unlikely to be able to fill the space for the few hours, plus if I am required to have the child in the holidays I would not be able to take anyone else on anyway). But remember if the child is over 3 the nursery will be funded so they would only have to pay you!

claireLouise
27-06-2009, 11:23 PM
If I drop off & collect the child from nursery then I charge while they are there.

If parents drop off & I collect I charge if I am resposible for the child while he is at nursery (ie. if I'm down to be called if the child is ill etc)

If parents drop off & my responsibility doesn't start until I collect the child, then I charge from the time I leave the house to go to nursery.

Hope this helps.

Claire:)

Toothfairy
28-06-2009, 09:54 AM
I charge while they are at pre-school, as I would find it very hard to fill the 2.5hrs with another child. I would also be on call should the pre-school close etc.

mrs c
28-06-2009, 10:13 AM
I charge between the hours of dropping off and picking up.
If mum drops off at nursery and I collect at 11.30 then I charge from 9am as
I could not fill the space for that time and also as mum has gone to work I am the person they call should something happen.

Kalila
28-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks very much, thought the same xx

Deb
28-06-2009, 06:04 PM
I charge too.

Mollymop
28-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Yes I charge too, to keep the space open. If I didn't drop I would still charge for mine because mine is a pre-school therefore shuts in school hols, I have the child in school hols so would need to keep that space open for the mindee. x

ZoeAlli
28-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I charged time and a half for dropping off and collecting the child, as well as full charge for the 2.5 hours in between as I cannot fill the space. Even though parent wasn't paying for nursery, she decided to stop sending child on that day, so now with me full day( as cheaper for her)!! Child still goes to nursery on another day where I have to take them but do not collect, however parent needs space through holidays. I therefore charge time and a half for dropoff and retainer fee for the time required for holidays.

Zoe