PDA

View Full Version : shift work - midwife

It's a small world
26-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi

Just been registered and friend has approached me to look after her child (currently 18weeks) from November. Now dad works full time and mums shifts will vary from week to week - shes a midwife. It will be three days but days will vary from week to week and could be most of the day or morning/afternoon

How will I work this on number of children I can have?

Have one 2year old tue/thurs full day

I have a 21month old.

Does this mean that I can only take another full time on Mon/Wed / Fri ?? as if I have another full time Mon-Fri I and have baby onTue and Thur this will take me over my numbers as can only have 2 under 5 as have my own.

Does this make sense? :confused:

Blackhorse
26-06-2009, 09:16 PM
as far as I am aware you can only have 3 under 5s including your own unless you have a variation in place

so following that you could only take the LO Mo/We/Fr as otherwise you will be over your numbers

HTH

Alibali
27-06-2009, 12:48 PM
You'd have to keep a full time pace for the shift worker, so make sure you consider that when discussing fees. I'd be prone to charge full fee for the 5 days if I were you and tell mum the days are available if she needs them. Alternatively you could charge for three full days and half fee retainer for the other 2 days which she would have to pay top up fee for if she wanted to use them.